In 2003, I established Coyote Visions Management, a resume writing and consulting business working with a vast array of industries. I am passionate about helping the job seeker. It continues to be my mission to teach, to assist, to advise and to coach individuals and groups through the difficult and confusing process of finding employment. With my unique experience in Human Resources, I developed techniques based on feedback from hiring managers, not to mention the practical tips for getting past the HR processes. Sharing this valuable knowledge with my clients and students, I delight in helping them achieve their own dreams.On another note, I also write science fiction and horror stories. My latest work, "The Hallway" is published on www.shadeworks.org, an independent literary website.
Jan 2003 - Present
Coyote Visions Management
An independent consulting business, focusing on writing services and education for job seekers at all career levels. On-going projects include classes through the Colorado Free University, private speaking engagements and promotion of fictional works.
- Author of "Get a Job Without Going Crazy: A Practical Guide to Your Career Search," slated for publishing in 2009
2007 - 2009
Office Manager/ Staff Accountant
- Provides technical writing for extremely complex accounting program, MS Navision
- Develops billing procedures for new products and clients
- Oversees costing within Navision to assure accuracy within the system
- Responsible for coordinating a major office relocation, including supervision $180K furniture purchase and acting as point-of-contact for office build-outs
- Managed vendors, including evaluating and recommending the VoIP telephone system
- Organization of critical documents using Policy IQ and Adobe Acrobat, including Company Policies & Procedures and Due Diligence documentation
2005 - 2007
Starkey International is a world-recognized private occupational school, one of the few in the world dedicated to the Private Service industry. Graduate Placement involves securing management positions for multi-million dollar private estates across the US and abroad.
- Key to creating annual budgets, projections and marketing plans
- Oversight all department documentation, including revising forms and applications
- Wrote professional, executive-level resumes and profiles
- Conducted extensive background checks
- Organized phone interviews, frequently across several time zones
- Coordinated Travel for candidates across the country
Additional Responsibilities: Recruited and trained internal administrative staff. Wrote comprehensive training manual for Starkey employees.
2000 - 2005
Personnel Coordinator & Accountant
Accounting Duties: Processed invoices and checks weekly, assisted in annual budget preparation, executed purchase orders, maintained detailed filing systems.
Personnel Duties: Oversaw all hiring procedures, from drafting job descriptions to mailing rejection letters. Screened applicants and maintained various data bases.
- Trained hiring managers in interviewing techniques
- Developed efficient screening practices to handle large volume of candidates
- Increased quality of candidates while reducing costs by implementing on-line recruiting tactics
1995 - 1999
Positions of Increasing Responsibility
During my years at Clear Channel Broadcasting, I was consistently promoted on an annual basis. My first position was in the mail room; from there, I moved up the ranks in the Business Office to become the Assistant to the Controller. My next move was unprecedented in over 15 years of the company's history, becoming the Morning Show Producer for KBPI-FM, a successful major market radio show.
Producer, KBPI Morning Show, Clear Channel Broadcasting,Sept. '98-July '99
Intense multi-tasking administrative, editorial and creative position. Enforced adherence to strict schedules and rapidly learned new technologies. Supported a team of highly unique individuals in a high-stress environment.
Assistant to the Controller, Clear Channel Broadcasting, Aug. '97- Sept. '98
Assist with all functions of the Business Department, from running the front desk to human resource duties, with respect for confidentiality. Duties included:
- Travel arrangements and meeting preparations
- Coordinated all hiring procedures
- Solved various parking issues
Accounts Receivable, Clear Channel / Jacor Broadcasting, July '96- Aug. '97
Responsible for printing, mailing, sorting, filling and permanent storage of billing for eight major radio stations.
Business Office Assistant, Clear Channel / Jacor Broadcasting, Oct. '95- July '96
Responsible for sorting the mail for eight radio stations. Assisted with A/P and A/R functions. Back-up receptionist. Various duties as needed.
1992 - 1994
Art Institute of Colorado
Graduated with Honors. Areas of focus included traditional business courses, copyright law, music production, live audio engineering and multi-track studio recording.