EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR – PEOPLE DEVELOPMENT & TRAINING
Magna/Cosma International, Various Worldwide Locations
- Acted as a pivotal resource for executive business leaders in analyzing and responding to talent development needs of the organization across manufacturing, engineering, R&D, and sales facilities as a key contributor to the launch of new plants.
- Took on a critical leadership role with Magna’s technical training operations throughout a period of tremendous revenue growth from $2.4B to $7B, taking on a technical apprenticeship program for tool-and-die, millwright, and industrial electrician training.
- Circumvented significant budgetary challenges through the redesign and revitalization of the training centre business model, delivering key improvements in curricular relevance, revenue stream leverage, trainer professionalization and engagement.
- Assumed authority for a unionization avoidance strategy for training centres based in Canada, the United States, and Mexico, while engaging executive-level management in the active leveraging of new training investments.
- Actualized a global webcast highlighting and broadcasting from key divisions on a regional basis, playing a pivotal production leadership role in developing and managing the communication infrastructure supporting a regular two-hour program.
- Worked in close concert with financial management to provide for purchasing and vendor selection needs, while directing the establishment and administration of a departmental budget in addition to pre-RFQ, RFQ, sourcing, and contract management.
- Planned and executed a 2004 leadership conference supporting a focus of global integration regarding business behaviour, organizational thinking and design, championing a company-wide shift toward cohesive global operations.