Science Research Specialist I
A.Research and Development Management
- Research on existing and emerging issues for the Environment Sector such as new technologies and policies developed;
- Evaluates Research and Development (R&D) and Non-R&D proposals submitted to PCIEERD under the Environment Sector;
- Provides technical and non-technical support in the processing of the proposals throughout the levels of evaluation of the Council from Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) up to the deliberation of the PCIEERD Governing Council and/or the DOST-Executive Committee (DOST-EXECOM) and ensures that all process follows the ISO-Quality Management System of the organization;
- Monitors on-going and completed Research and Development and Non-R&D projects funded under the PCIEERD and DOST system and ensures that the proposed targets were met by Implementing Agencies;
- Updates information databases such as Project Management Information System (PMIS) Monthly Management Activity System (MMAS) and other related information databases of the Council
- Prepares Assessment Reports, and Project Monitoring Reports, Technology Project Profiles, Appraisal Reports and other technical reports during and after the project implementation;
- Provides assistance to researchers in the proper implementation of Research and Development projects funded under the PCIEERD and DOST Policies and Guidelines.
- Organize meetings assigned by the Council such as En-banc proposal evaluations, Expert panel meetings, Consultative Meetings, Pioneering Status evaluations, R&D Presentations and other related activities;
- Prepares Business Correspondence, Minutes of the Meetings, Memorandum of Agreements, Terms of References and other related documents;
- Writes R&D project profiles to be used in the development of information materials such as exhibit posters, Annual Reports, website materials and other related materials;
- Assists in the development of linkages with institutional clients from academe, non-government organizations, private agencies, other government agencies and other potential network of the Council;
- Performs other tasks that may be assigned by the Council from time to time.