Mt. San Antonio College has developed a new streamlined four semester design program that focuses on Product Design, Fabrication, and Manufacturing. This program is hands on and emphasizes both portfolio and product fabrication for a career in Manufacturing and Design.
During the four semesters students will acquire:
- Design sketching and rapid visualization skills
- CAD software and 3D prototyping training
- Physical models and printed portfolios
- Prototype development for Manufacturing
This program will prepare our students for a career as a:
- Design Engineer
- Product Designer
- Model Maker
- Industrial Designer
- Prototype Developer/Designer
- Ideation Designer*
*Ideation is the creative process of generating, developing, and communicating new ideas, where the idea is understood as a basic element of thought that can be either visual, concrete, or abstract. Ideation is all stages of the thought cycle, from innovation, to development, to actualization.