My name is Doug Hungerford and I am a communications professional with several years of real-world experience in a variety of sectors, including government, non-profit, global public relations and, most recently, corporate. I am looking to provide my business leadership and understanding of communications strategy, new media, and graphic and visual design to a company that will allow me to expand on my experiences and contribute to its long-term productivity.
Aug 2010 - Present
Corporate Communications Specialist - Latin America and the Caribbean
Facilitate communications between Citi’s corporate office and its 23 franchises in Latin America and the Caribbean, including communications strategies and financial updates, and assist in the planning and implementation of internal and external events. Translate, edit, and post press documents, internal notices and original content to Citi’s intranet portal and monthly internal newsletter. Design adverts and edit and produce videos for internal and external campaigns using the Adobe CS5 Suites.
- Coordinated the Public Affairs offsite meeting in Miami, FL., for 50-plus employees from 23 countries, including top executives.
- Assisted in the expansion of Citi Latin America’s digital Social Corporate Responsibility campaign by producing video shorts for YouTube, CSR contests and charitable events, reaching audiences in the tens of thousands.
Jan 2010 - Present
- I write a blog for the Office of Admissions at Indiana University, highlighting my life as a student and some of the things I do around and off campus.
Sep 2008 - Present
Opinion Columnist – Copy Editor – City/State Reporter
- Produce staff editorials and a bi-weekly opinion column as well as work with fellow columnists to create a weekly front.
- Created general assignment and City/State stories.
- Edited stories for content, quality and accuracy prior to their release.
- Used InDesign to design several pages of the paper in various issues.
Aug 2009 - Jun 2010
- Perform internal and external relations including the creation of press releases, video content, news letters, fliers, posters, postcards and other promotional materials for audiences as large as 200,000.
- Create graphic design materials using Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop among other programs.
- Shoot and produce video content for conferences and Web materials.
- Created, edit, maintain, and produce "Inside PTI" a company-wide newsletter that features news, people, and events from PTI and is distributed every two weeks.
- Edit and revise grant and project proposals.
May 2009 - Aug 2009
Intern, External Communications
- Informed public and media of Indiana's environmental programs/events, services, regulations and emergencies through PSAs, personal calls, press releases and media alerts.
- Assisted with crisis management and emergency response to environmental problems.
- Recorded, edited and wrote scripts for Web site content including podcasts, video podcasts and "E-News" releases.
- Communicated with partnering organizations to set up events and share information.
- Edited and produced content for IDEM's employee extranet.
Aug 2007 - May 2009
- Designed, facilitated, marketed and evaluated engaging and educational programs for 750 residents.
- Supervised Student Government actions, meetings and hearings and acted as liaison between the Resident Assistant staff and the members of the Student Government.
- Created a People Advancing Language Skills (PALS) program of 57 members designed to promote communication and encourage friendships among people of diverse linguistic and cultural backgrounds.
Sep 2008 - Dec 2008
Junior Class Campaigns Marketing Chairman
- Headed marketing for a 60-member philanthropic division of IUSFA which generated more than $3,000 for Habitat for Humanity.
- Delegated assignments, led discussions for creative project opportunities and kept open communication among team members to build teamwork and efficiency.
May 2008 - Aug 2008
Consumer Accounts Intern
- Campaigned for Harley Davidson, Got Milk?, Campbell's American Heart Association, Stovetop and others by drafting media alerts, pitch letters, press releases, media lists and daily news updates.
- Pitched stories to reporters, editors, anchors and radio personalities resulting in multiple newspaper, radio and television spots, including two in-studio interviews on "Good Day Sacramento" and Fox News 6 Milwaukee, each generating more than $10,000 in ad equivalency.
- Designed, co-edited and wrote for the quarterly intern newsletter which was distributed to the entire staff.
Aug 2006 - Present
Bachelor of Arts
- Concentration in Communication and Culture
- Notable courses: Public Relations Campaigns, Interpersonal Communications, Advertising, Race and Ethnic Relations, Public Speaking, Spanish IV, Economics and Statistical Techniques.