I accepted the role of President in 2006 after serving as Operations Manager and Events Manager. Bike Gallery operates 6 stores and generates over $12 million in annual sales. While at Bike Gallery I achieved the following:
- Increased the productivity of the buying staff, enabling Bike Gallery to move from 5 to 2.5 full time equivalents, while growing sales from $8 to $12 million annually.
- Implemented an inventory control system that delivered 3% higher gross margins, improved inventory turn rates and strengthened cash flow.
- Transitioned the warehouse from a manual receiving process to a bar code system, reducing labor costs and inventory shrinkage by $50K annually.
- Negotiated lease savings of $25K.
- Oversaw the development and management of the annual budget, sales forecasting, and inventory planning process.
- Saved $100K annually by integrating and consolidating the activities of the marketing department including branding, community outreach, and merchandising.
- Moved the business towards a consolidation of vendors, resulting in stronger, more strategic partnerships, increased market leverage and $120K in savings and rebates.
- Managed communication and integration of cross-functional teams to ensure that brand values and the company mission were driving decision making and behaviors at all levels of the organization.
- Led strategic planning processes and the development of company mission, vision, and values.
- Led development of behavior-based recruitment, hiring and training programs for all middle and upper management level positions.
- Maintained and strengthened the service culture company wide.