Bicycle Transportation Alliance
Membership Chair on the Board of Directors
Designed and delivered a Community and Brand Awareness Campaign
I create inspired teams and outstanding customer experiences. By fostering an atmosphere of mutual respect and fulfillment, I align organizational activities and customer desires to create powerful and mutually beneficial relationships capable of transcending typical market forces.
I am seeking work at the strategic level within a customer-focused business, interested in leveraging an innovative, value-added culture to grow market share and profitability.
By harnessing our combined strengths and taking a deeply values based approach, I believe we can make your enterprise significantly more successful. If you are looking to strengthen your culture, foster innovation, grow sales or improve employee morale and retention, I can deliver results, add value and help move your organization towards a more desirable future.
Mar 1998 - Aug 2011
I accepted the role of President in 2006 after serving as Operations Manager and Events Manager. Bike Gallery operates 6 stores and generates over $12 million in annual sales. While at Bike Gallery I achieved the following:
- Increased the productivity of the buying staff, enabling Bike Gallery to move from 5 to 2.5 full time equivalents, while growing sales from $8 to $12 million annually.
- Implemented an inventory control system that delivered 3% higher gross margins, improved inventory turn rates and strengthened cash flow.
- Transitioned the warehouse from a manual receiving process to a bar code system, reducing labor costs and inventory shrinkage by $50K annually.
- Negotiated lease savings of $25K.
- Oversaw the development and management of the annual budget, sales forecasting, and inventory planning process.
- Saved $100K annually by integrating and consolidating the activities of the marketing department including branding, community outreach, and merchandising.
- Moved the business towards a consolidation of vendors, resulting in stronger, more strategic partnerships, increased market leverage and $120K in savings and rebates.
- Managed communication and integration of cross-functional teams to ensure that brand values and the company mission were driving decision making and behaviors at all levels of the organization.
- Led strategic planning processes and the development of company mission, vision, and values.
- Led development of behavior-based recruitment, hiring and training programs for all middle and upper management level positions.
- Maintained and strengthened the service culture company wide.
Jul 1992 - Sep 1997
As General Manager I was responsible for staff recruitment, development and training, managing purchasing, and vendor relationships, scheduling, work flow design, and menu development. I supervised all daily operations and maintained a close working relationship with the business owners. While at Besaw's I achieved the following:
- 15% increase in overall customer volume.
- 25% increase in total sales.
- 30% increase in total wine sales through the implementation of special events and promotions.
- Enhanced menu design and seasonal offerings.
- Increased repeat business by integrating customer feedback directly into the menu development process.
Jun 1990 - May 1992
As a Chef Instructor I taught hospitality business management within a comprehensive Culinary Arts curriculum leading to a one year professional certificate. I designed and delivered lectures and educational materials focused on purchasing, inventory management, and cost control. I also managed all purchasing programs, vendor relationships, and general supply of raw materials to various production facilities, and classrooms. While at Western Culinary I achieved the following:
- Designed a professional curriculum focused on purchasing, inventory management and cost control.
- Delivered lectures and supervised hands-on activities for up to 25 students per learning cycle.
- Tracked and recorded student progress and achievement through written assignments and practical exams.
- Ensured that all facilities had adequate supply and quality of raw materials within budgetary constraints.
This certificate program is focused on skills and processes associated with optimizing organizational work-flow resources to attain top performance.
Bachelor of Science
Anticipated graduation date in 2012