I took on the leadership role for a team in which I was previously an engineer. The team is comprised of eight engineers, across all levels, with the support of others in test, architecture, product and project areas. In my time in the role so far I have increased my focus on team development, with highlights including:
- successful promotions for five team members, including four Principal Engineers
- hosting of work experience, interns, graduates, career returners and internal attachments,
- attracting new product ownership for the team,
- supporting the growth of the engineering community within my location and division,
- continuing effective delivery of team objectives.
I am one of eleven candidates invited to take part in BBC Design + Engineering’s Technical Leadership Programme 2020, which provides a comprehensive programme of mentoring, training and practical learning to accelerate the development of technical leaders.