William C. Overman & Associates PC
- Teamed up with Civil Engineers to design and develop water and waste water systems for municipalities. Drew up site specific engineering drawings for each project.
- Developed and drew up USGS Topographical maps for the US Corp of Engineers using the surveyors log book.
- Collected data and developed drawings and reports to aid municipalities in annexation and immunity cases.
- Supervised the stripping and loading of all parcel trailers.
- Directly managed a crew of 36 people.
- Manager in charge of all safety training.
Robbins Construction Co.
- Scheduled and supervised all trades in residential custom homes ranging from 2500 sf to 4000 sf.
- Did material take-offs and ordered all material for each project.
- Scheduled each inspection and met with each inspector
- Managed two homes under construction at any one time.
DLG Construction, Inc.
- Owner/Manager of general contracting company specializing in framing custom homes from 2500 sf to 4000 sf and commercial projects with budgets of $500,000.00 or less.
- Estimated and bid each project. This included writing up a detailed proposal for each projects scope of work.
- Scheduled and supervised two crews of six guys each.
Cantore Construction Co.
- Project Manager for commercial projects with budgets up to $3,000,000.00. Managed projects from inititial project conception and design through project completion/close-out.
- Handled all project bidding, estimating and ordering of all required materials.Developed and submitted all project pay-outs.Negotiated all contractor change orders.
- Worked with all Sub-contractors and Project Superintendents to ensure every job was completed per project scope and safely within or under project budget.
- Handled all owner and site construction meetings.
- Hired by an architect, just getting into Design Build, to bring a $6,000,000.00 townhome project out of the red. Reviewed project scope and all contracts to find ways of streamlining project schedule and ways to cut project cost using value engineering.
- Worked with all contractors to re-write all contracts using standard AIA forms and re-writing a more detailed scope of work.Negotiated all contractor change orders.
- Handled all remaining project bidding and estimating along with all project scheduling and on-site managing.
- Liaison between the architects and all parties involved with each project.
- Performed all on-site management and project scheduling on various commercial projects from small office build-outs to restaurants with budgets of $2,800,000.00 to a high-rise rehab with a budget of $15,000,000.00. This included chairing of all weekly construction meetings and drafting reports as to update all involved parties of projects status.
- Developed and submitted all monthly certified payrolls and payouts for each project.
- Bid and estimated various commercial projects.Worked with sub-contractors in value engineering each project’s scope enabling Phoenix Builders to submit a project bid that met or came in under the projects projected budget.Developed each contractor’s detailed scope of work for each project.
- Liaison for company during all Union/Non-Union issues. Represented the company during meetings with the National Labor Relations Board concerning these issues.
- Managed 3 commercial projects at any one time.
- Participated in several inter-office safety committees to help develop ways to improve job site safety.
- Project Manager for a $40,000,000.00 award winning mixed use project consisting of 51 high-end townhomes and 50,000 sf of commercial retail space.Project also included the install of 4000 lf of sanitary, storm and city water piping plus installation and relocation of various street lighting to prepare two additional commercial sites for annexation into the City of Naperville.
- Developed and managed the project from the “Pre-construction Meeting” through to the site development and finally through to the project completion.Defined and developed each contractor’s scope of work.Negotiated contract pricing and change orders with contractors.
- Developed and implemented a stringent Project Specific Safety Program which included all sub-contractors and their employees.
- Managed two commercial projects and one 7 unit townhome building at any one time.
- Scheduled and supervised all daily on-site activities making sure project was built per scope and within budget.
- Handled all owner, city and weekly on-site construction meetings along with all homeowner walk-throughs.
- Worked on bidding and estimating for various retail projects.
- Project Manager for an $8,200,000.00 Energy Savings Performance Contract for Argonne National Labs through the Department of Energy. Project consisted of 8 separate projects (ECM’s) ranging from a power plant Coal Fired Boiler upgrade and retrofit, replacing and upgrading the ballast and light bulbs for 30,000 light fixtures throughout the facilities many buildings, demo and replace (2x) 600 ton Di-ionized Water Chillers and updating the facilities Metasys building management system in 135 buildings.
- Surveyed the project site to evaluate and develop new scopes of work for additional ECM’s.Prepared proposals for new ECM’s and presented them to the DOE for preliminary approval.
- Scheduled and supervised all daily on-site activities making sure project was completed per scope and within Performance Contract budget. Coordinated all work between ANL facilities personnel and JCI subcontractors. Negotiated change orders and various contracts.Developed and submitted all monthly certified payrolls.
- Developed and implemented a detailed project wide “JSA” along with a “Corporate Confined Space Plan” and a detailed “Lift Plan” for each ECM.
- Set up and implemented a stringent project “Site Specific Safety Plan” which was strictly enforced. Projects took place in and around facilities containing nuclear operations, laser development projects and a photon accelerator.
- Held weekly meetings between Argonne National Laboratory, Department of Energy and Johnson Controls Inc. to discuss project progress and schedule. Also meeting was used to discuss and implement new procedures to address any issues that might arise dealing with any nuclear operation’s “Safety Significant Systems”.
Senior Project Manager
- Senior Project Manager and Safety Manager for a $30,000,000 per year General Contractor/Design Builder.
- Directly managed 3 projects at any one time along with directly overseeing the daily activities of 5 Project Managers and 7 Project Superintendents.Met with the PM’s weekly to go over project schedules and budget status for each of their projects.Developed project schedules and assigned each PM to each project.
- Worked with office personnel to develop new company policies and procedures to streamline the daily operations.
- Worked directly with the project owner and the project team to value engineer the project once contract was signed with project owner.
- Negotiated both the scope of work and pricing for each subcontractor while completing the project buyout.
- Worked with team members to come up with and implement a new improved companywide “Safety Plan”.This included providing all field personnel with OSHA certification training as well as becoming certified/trained on all field equipment.Held monthly safety meetings with all company employees.Instituted weekly site safety inspections.
2010 - Present
Contracting Project Manager
- Contracting Project Manager for various PACT contracts (Energy Savings Performance Contracting) for federal, state and local facilities.
- Responsible for managing self-funding energy conservation design build turnkey projects from development through close-out. Project scopes ranged from updating all facilities lighting with new more energy efficient components, replacing/updating all facilities mechanical equipment, replacing all plumbing fixtures with new water saving fixtures to replacing roofs with new energy saving roof systems and replacing existing windows with new energy efficient windows.
- Scheduled and supervised all daily on-site activities making sure project was completed per scope and within project budget. Coordinated all work between government facilities personnel and Trane subcontractors.
- Defined and developed all project scopes. Wrote subcontracts for all scopes for each project.
- Approved and submitted all monthly certified payrolls.
- Set up and implemented a stringent project “Site Specific Safety Plan” which was strictly enforced.
•OSHA 10hr. Certification •MSDS Certification •Advanced Bystander Basic Lifesaving Certification •2hr Asbestos Awareness •GERT – General Employee Radiation Training •RAD1 – Radiation Worker 1 Training
Microsoft Excel and Word, Microsoft Project, Auto CAD14, Primavera Sure Trak
- Effective Construction Management Course.
- Successful Project Management Course.
- Improving Job Site Productivity Course.