To find a Sales Management position
Having over 15+ years of award-winning experience in both high level Sales Leadership and business ownership, I have a unique advantage in leading your organization to success. With career achievements in a $4B market leader, small and mid-size businesses and a startup, I bring with me best practices in Sales along with the ability to work within a shoestring budget. I have directed all aspects of Sales Management to drive impressive revenue streams and steer cost savings. Additionally, I have successfully provided direction during periods of both exponential growth and decline, and have consistently outperformed my peers and the industries in which I have worked. I inspire team members by modeling leadership and responsibility in my commitment to excellence, and have earned the respect and loyalty of my entire organizational communities. My sales initiatives have been wildly successful, but the key to my success has always been hiring and retaining top talent, coupled with highly effective performance management.
- Strong Strategic Sales Leader
- Performance Management with Impressive Results
- Margin Increase through Cost Controls
Key Skills: Dynamic leader, mentor, and collaborator at all organizational levels Innovative problem solver Natural instincts for what will sell Thrives in a versatile, competitive environment Excellent trainer Skilled negotiator Quickly adapts in challenging environments with a passion for success.
Mar 2007 - Present
Advertising Sales Director
My responsibilities include Retails/National Sales Department, Online Department, Classified, and the Creative Department. I Managed 21 people and four managers.Coaching sales professionals and sales management to maximize their potential and build long term client relationships. I am responsible forecasted and budgeting revenue and expenses for four departments.
- Exceeded dept. revenue goal 3 of the last 4 years.
- Invited to speak this year on effective sales leadership to 78 Directors at a Midwest Division Conference
- Increased average tenure of sales people from 18 months to 4 years.
Nov 2004 - Mar 2007
My responsibilities included Retails/National Sales Department, Online Department, Classified Department, Editorial Department, Business Department, Circulation Department and the Creative Department. I Managed 23 people and three managers
- As Publisher we won the Missouri Press Association’s Gold Cup award naming us the best weekly paper in the state of Missouri.
- Turned around the lowest performing district to one of the highest producers enterprise-wide.
- Streamlined paperwork processing to slash it by 40%, directly contributing to a 5% growth in overall revenue
Dec 1995 - Nov 2004
The Kansas City Star
I coached and motivated a team 12 outside Account Executives to become the top performing district in percentage of revenue gains for two years. As a team we made goal 22 straight months
- Grew revenue more than 20% for 9 consecutive quarters
- Launched a web portal to add $30K of incremental revenue 1st year
- Was the only Rep to win a coveted annual award 2 years in a row