- Superb interpersonal skills
- Exceptional communication skills
- Thrives under pressure
- Ability to anticipate needs & multitask
- Discrete & tactful
- Fluently bilingual (English & French)
- Active member of the 2011 federal census prairie region senior management project team. Successfully lead team to achieving the highest data collection response rate in both the Census of population (98%) and the voluntary National Household Survey (76%) in Western Canada.
- Created a progressive working environment and positive culture within the 2011 Calgary-metro Local Census Office. Developed and implemented process improvement tools, an employee recognition program and multiple project monitoring tools.
- Directed field staff in the enhancement of 2011 Census Calgary-Metro recruitment initiatives reaching over 150,000 Calgarians. Our Local Census Office successfully processed the highest number of applicants in the province of Alberta.
Relevant Professional Experience
- Over six years of supervisory / management experience overseeing workload management, leave and performance of administrative staff in various size teams (from 12 to over 800).
- Extensive experience in recruitment & hiring activities including; developing recruitment & staffing plans, community outreach & liaison, speaking engagements, attending career fairs, distributing recruitment material, developing assessment criteria (job postings, written & oral examinations), screening potential candidates, conducting & assessing interviews and reference checks, preparing written justifications for hiring candidates under "best fit" categories.
- In the role of Regional Manager with the RCMP, I managed regional administrative support staff of 12 Administrative employees located in Ottawa, Montreal and London and the provision of a full range of support functions in these locations.
- While in the role of Special Projects Officer with the RCMP, I supported the Chief Superintendent (Director level) when the Executive Assistant was on holidays, acting as liaison between the Executive and his direct reports.
- Experience using and training employees in SAP.
- Significant experience analyzing financial reports and making recommendations for improvement. (Reports include: cost by operations, employee productivity, key indicator, overtime, Hard/Soft commitments, and budget forecast, etc.).
- While at the RCMP, I managed budgetary allocations of two cost centres over $1 million, initiating contract authority, ensuring correct allocation, analyzing expenditure trends and forecasting resource requirements. Delegated Section 32 & 34 of the Financial Administration Act for both Cost Centres.
- Started career in the RCMP's Accounting Services dealing with general Accounts payable/receivable, preparing, reviewing and approving expense claims, conduct budget vs. expense reconciliations, etc.
Calendar & Email Management
- Extensive experience managing executive appointments and calendars on a daily basis, excellent client service & management skills.
- Extensive experience coordinating internal & external and/or onsite & offsite meetings.
- Extensive experience managing e-mail on behalf of executives. I have always quickly developed trust with the executives I have worked with and have often been asked to take action and respond to inquiries on their behalf.
Other Relevant Experience
- In current contract with Statistics Canada ending August 31st, 2011: I Provide strategic and operational leadership to over 800 employees managed through four Assistant Manager direct reports and four layers of supervision. Dealing with personal and confidential information, document security is of the utmost importance. I work closely with Area Manager for Alberta, Regional Assistant Director for the Prairies and Regional Director for Western Canada. This project demands substantial expertise in project management, team development, human resource & financial management as well as multi-tasking, juggling responsibilities and dealing with conflicting demands.
- Proven ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and turn round projects in a prompt manner.
- In various positions throughout my career, I have been actively engaged in developing employee short, mid and long term goals focusing on current organizational needs and employee career objectives. This included considerations to formal and informal training (in-person, online, reading materials), mentoring within the organization, knowledge transfer from senior management, special projects and assignments, etc.
- Proven track record working collaboratively with senior management and executives and implementing approved plans and recommendations.
- Over several years and four management roles, I have negotiating positive outcomes with various staffing conflicts such as performance issues, dependability, potential harassment as well as personality conflicts. I possess the ability to see the big picture and find a "win-win" solution for all parties involved.
- Started my career as an Executive Assistant, ability to understand and empathize with staff while providing solid leadership and producing results.
- During years of experience, I have proven to be extremely efficient in administrative tasks such as; Establishing rapport with executives and clients, coordinate travel arrangements, prepare and submit various reports, prepare and distribute meeting minutes, organize various office logistics, event planning, document preparation & production, prioritize tasks and assess urgency of situations requiring executive attention.
- Polished and professional in demeanour and appearance. Possesses a strong work ethic, sense of responsibility and willingness to 'go the extra mile'.