Senior Financial Analyst
Responsible for internal reporting and financial analysis of certificate and mutual fund products.
- Prepared accurate and detailed reports of P&L and metric data for use in decision support by senior management. Developed and implemented general ledger (G/L) queries, drilldowns, and nVision reports that improved reporting process and facilitated rapid analysis of variances and trends.
- Developed and implemented process improvements to Mutual Fund Sales and Redemptions and Net Flow reporting, using Excel Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) and Access databases, and resulting in the reduction of 0.75 FTE.
- Automated reporting from Xtnd text-based system files, using Monarch and Excel VBA and Essbase. Improved reporting process efficiencies by more than 50%.
- Produced detailed monthly report package, including product P&L analysis, and presented summary results that prepared division managers for meetings with corporate leadership team.
- Prepared components of quarterly Certificate Board Report, combined with input from other finance team members, that enabled Board to make informed decisions about status and future of certificate product lines.
- Made accurate and timely monthly and quarterly journal entries in ledger system to meet requirements for income tax provision, reserves, and valuation changes in stock market-based certificate products.
- Calculated monthly federal and state income tax provision for Certificate Company and booked entries to G/L. Prepared detailed tax calculation whitesheets and submitted to Tax Department for inclusion in final income tax return.
- Conducted monthly account reconciliations, verifying that balance sheet accounts matched G/L.
- Adapted reports and queries to new Oracle G/L system, enabling changeover from existing PeopleSoft system.