Senior business and financial analyst with financial services sector experience, focusing on financial reporting, forecasting, and analysis. Strengths include process improvements and exceptional technical skill, ranging from Visual Basic automations, Monarch model development, and Essbase design and data extracts. Known for developing high-performance, cross-functional work teams, as well as training and conflict management.
2006 - 2009
Senior Financial Analyst
Responsible for internal reporting and financial analysis of certificate and mutual fund products.
- Prepared accurate and detailed reports of P&L and metric data for use in decision support by senior management. Developed and implemented general ledger (G/L) queries, drilldowns, and nVision reports that improved reporting process and facilitated rapid analysis of variances and trends.
- Developed and implemented process improvements to Mutual Fund Sales and Redemptions and Net Flow reporting, using Excel Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) and Access databases, and resulting in the reduction of 0.75 FTE.
- Automated reporting from Xtnd text-based system files, using Monarch and Excel VBA and Essbase. Improved reporting process efficiencies by more than 50%.
- Produced detailed monthly report package, including product P&L analysis, and presented summary results that prepared division managers for meetings with corporate leadership team.
- Prepared components of quarterly Certificate Board Report, combined with input from other finance team members, that enabled Board to make informed decisions about status and future of certificate product lines.
- Made accurate and timely monthly and quarterly journal entries in ledger system to meet requirements for income tax provision, reserves, and valuation changes in stock market-based certificate products.
- Calculated monthly federal and state income tax provision for Certificate Company and booked entries to G/L. Prepared detailed tax calculation whitesheets and submitted to Tax Department for inclusion in final income tax return.
- Conducted monthly account reconciliations, verifying that balance sheet accounts matched G/L.
- Adapted reports and queries to new Oracle G/L system, enabling changeover from existing PeopleSoft system.
1999 - 2006
Senior Manager Business Analysis
Led team of finance and accounting professionals in reporting, forecasting, and analysis of card and non-card lending reserves and net loss provision.
- Monitored lending delinquency performance across international finance organization via cyclical data, monthly reports, rate/volume, vintage analysis, trend analysis and variance to forecast/budget and presented findings to mid-level and senior management to provide timely and accurate decision support.
- Developed and maintained financial models that were relied on by senior management for proven reliable forecasts. Produced international card and non-card lending net loss provision bi-monthly forecasts and annual plans by region and product. Conducted cyclical and vintage-based analyses by product launch date and incorporated findings into forecast models.
- Redesigned financial models to incorporate switch to 24-month migration reserve methodology, bringing finance organization into compliance with Credit Reserve Policy.
- Designed and implemented International Lending Reporting database and trained users in data retrieval and analysis, improving efficiencies by reported 90%. Achieved efficiencies with automated data loads and ad hoc queries using VBA and Visual Basic programming, and Hyperion Essbase.
- Contacted regional markets routinely, identifying variance causes and developing analysis processes that identified trends using Essbase-based summaries and ad hoc Excel extract files.
- Prepared monthly and cyclical detailed reports and presentations for senior managers and staff, including reports directed to CEO and Board that provided accurate picture of reserve and net loss provision for decisions related to status and future of Lending Card product line.
- Implemented and expanded Hyperion Essbase databases for reporting and coordinated consolidation of international lending and bank databases. First to develop concept of using Essbase as lending data source and analysis tool. Resulted in extremely rapid response times to ad hoc queries.