Lassen Medical Group
- Assisted and/or observed dermatologists with patient care procedures that included MOHS surgery and KOH tissue examinations to perform biopsies of melanomas and a broad scope of possible pre-cancerous conditions, fungal cultures, and treatment of acne and rashes.
- Responsible for explaining appropriate pre-op and post-op care instructions for all medical, surgical and cosmetic procedures.
- Assist providers entering information in patients chart during and after each visit.
- Assist with surgical procedures and prepare pathology specimen for pickup
- Review pathology report with patient as directed by the doctor.
- Prepared patients/rooms for physical examinations; interviewed patients to obtain medical histories; explained treatment procedures; sterilize equipment and properly dispose of contaminated supplies.
- Acted as liaison between patients and staff to address and/or resolve problems, inquires and concerns including test results and topical prescription renewals.
- Manage and explain iPLEDGE protocols for isotretinoin patients.
- Manage and stock office and medical supplies including keeping pharmaceutical samples in stock.
- Maintain good relationship with pharmaceutical reps and specialty pharmacies.