As the Field Operations Manager for the Preparedness Section, I supervise a multidisciplinary team, which include employees and volunteer leaders. My team manages our preparedness warehouse, plans for receipt & distribution of the Strategic National Stockpile (SNS) and recruits, manages and provides training to the Public Health Reserve Corps.
- Increased volunteer roles from 175 to over 400 medical and support volunteers in 14 months; increasing our ability to respond throughout King County
- Restructured packaging of Public Health’s 600 bed field hospital to insure fast efficient delivery and set up during a disaster
- Dispersed Field Hospital and Mass vaccination assets throughout county to ensure no single point of failure
- Authored and tested a volunteer management center plan to process employees, registered volunteers and spontaneous volunteers in one location during a disaster
- Collaborated with the American Red Cross for joint drills & exercises