GIS Mapping Specialist
Dona Ana County Assessors Office
- Perform detailed technical GIS functions related to the Dona Ana County Assessors Office Mapping Department.
- Review, prepare, create and update parcel assessment data based off of detailed survey and deed / title documentation.
- Generate and produce standard and customized digital maps.
- Plot and catalog incoming parcel deed splits and combines for current and next year property tax roll.
- Data entry into GIS (SDE Enviroment) database in order to maintain accurate parcel assessment data.
- COGO approved subdivisions and plat maps approved and stamped by Professional Land Surveyors in Dona Ana County and surrounding areas.
- Research previous deed / title and plat / survey evidence, archived maps and drawings related to all projects.
- Provide customer service to co-workers and the general public with regards to GIS mapping requests and issues.
- Utilize digital Aerial Photos for mapping functions related to all projects.
- Upload data on FTP website for outside organizations to access data.
- Scan new and achieved maps in order to catalog and preserve data.
- Perform all work duties utilizing ArcView 9.3 with ArcINFO License.