To obtain a position in the field of GIS Technology and begin a new and exciting career as well as further my knowledge and experience in this growing technological field.
Feb 2009 - Present
GIS Mapping Specialist
- Perform detailed technical GIS functions related to the Dona Ana County Assessors Office Mapping Department.
- Review, prepare, create and update parcel assessment data based off of detailed survey and deed / title documentation.
- Generate and produce standard and customized digital maps.
- Plot and catalog incoming parcel deed splits and combines for current and next year property tax roll.
- Data entry into GIS (SDE Enviroment) database in order to maintain accurate parcel assessment data.
- COGO approved subdivisions and plat maps approved and stamped by Professional Land Surveyors in Dona Ana County and surrounding areas.
- Research previous deed / title and plat / survey evidence, archived maps and drawings related to all projects.
- Provide customer service to co-workers and the general public with regards to GIS mapping requests and issues.
- Utilize digital Aerial Photos for mapping functions related to all projects.
- Upload data on FTP website for outside organizations to access data.
- Scan new and achieved maps in order to catalog and preserve data.
- Perform all work duties utilizing ArcView 9.3 with ArcINFO License.
Feb 2007 - Feb 2009
Surveyor / AutoCAD Specialist
- Perform detailed field utility surveys to develop a data management system for all new utility installations including existing buried utilities.
- Maintain & Update (As-Built Drawings) for mine utilities project utilizing AutoCAD software.
- Locate buried utilities and field mark for excavation purposes with field locating equipment.
- Manage and approve all documentation for digging permit procedures as per NM Operations policy. ( BLUE STAKE PERMITS )
- Research previous survey evidence, maps, drawings and physical evidence as well as all records related to projects.
- Develop, update and manage information in a GIS database.
- Coordinate activities and survey information with other departments. (Mine Planning, Geology, Engineering, SXEW, Concentrator, Smelter, Reclamation services, NM One-Call)
- Survey & Collect Data with Trimble GPS equipment. R8 5800 Series, Pro XRS
- Update mapping data utilizing AutoCAD software and ESRI software.
- Train and assist new hires in all areas and aspects of the Blue Stake procedures and policy for NM operations.
Mar 2005 - Feb 2007
Grant County Regioal Dispatch Authority
- Work under minor supervision and oversee addressing for statewide Grant County 911 projects.
- E-911 addressing for emergency response purposes.
- Maintain Road Centerline and structure point shape files for GIS database.
- Create readdressing projects and analyze data to improve 911 response times.
- Update and Maintain (MSAG) master street addressing guide for incorrect addresses.
- Create and produce maps for dispatchers, law enforcements and School Districts.
- Develop, create, and present projects to local government entities.
- Data Hub for City and County Rural addressers
- GPS data collection for GIS database using Trimble GPS equipment. Pro XRS and handheld Geo XT
- Communicate on constant basis with parties involved such as City and County government, Qwest, Intrado 911 database team, USPS, SDR contractors.
Aug 2000 - Mar 2005
- Locate, gather and value real and personal property.
- Locate property by legal description, metes and bounds or lot and block using U.S. Forest Service maps and cadastral assessment maps.
- Experience in computer database management using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Data entry on deed and title transfers.
- Ability to research and identify deed, title and survey documentation.
- Field visitations speaking to individuals in order to keep up to date assessment records.
- Effective communication skills with public relations.
- Clerical duties and experience with office equipment.
1998 - 2000
Equipment Operator I
New Mexico Department of Transportation
- Maintain all highways and major roadways for the safety of the traveling public.
- Operate heavy equipment such as five and ten yard dump trucks, loaders, sweepers and 4 x 4 vehicles including snow plows.
- Maintain important documents such as payroll, fuel charts, stockpile maintenance and specialized reports.
- Work in various weather conditions such as heat, rain and snow.
Aug 2009 - Present
Currently enrolled in Geography program at NMSU.
Pursuing Bacholers of Arts & Science in Geography
Minor in GIS Science & Techology
Hold 3.2 GPA
28 Credit hours needed to graduate
Scheduled Graduation date: December 2012
Jan 2004 - Dec 2006
Associates Degree of Applied Science
Aug 1994 - May 1997
High School Diploma
Cobre High School
The Crimson Scholar Program is established to recognize students with outstanding scholastic achievments.