D.E. Shaw India Software Private Limited
I was a part of the Equities group at D.E Shaw, a New York based hedge fund. As an Analyst, my responsibilities were:
- Working with the Risk Arbitrage team, to help manage more than 200 corporate actions ranging from mergers, equity carve outs, acquisitions etc.
- Daily reconciliation of position and cash with various prime brokers
- Addressing daily P&L related queries from the front office
- Analysis and comparison of various fees/commissions charged to determine optimum trade allocation
- Forecasting rebates/fees based on trading volumes
- Month end finalization of P&L and closing of books
- Working with the compliance team to ensure we are not violating any regulatory requirements
I also worked on setting up a system for uniquely mapping the data from prime broker records to D.E. Shaw's internal databases.