- Assist a Foreman in excavation works with the use of surveying equipment (placing site rail/manhole/pipe-laying).
- Work with the drafter to modify and complete drawing plans.
- Coordinate survey requirements & assist with foreman supervisor.
- Use of automatic level and total station for set up and ground level survey.
- Use of the nuclear gauge to perform Compaction Test on backfilled trench.
- Meet with the consultants along with my engineering supervisors to make sure that everything is going according to plan.
During those twelve weeks as an undergraduate engineer, I mastered the practical and theoretical use of surveying instruments which I learnt at Curtin, as well as the AutoCAD drawings while working with a drafter. I became accustomed to the site procedures and working in a team on a sewerage network project allowed me to develop teamwork skills. Daily interaction with my co-workers from diverse ethnic groups also enabled me to build a multicultural sensitivity, which is helpful in today's increasingly diverse workforce.