- Strongest Technical Skill: SQL
- Strongest Soft Skill: Clear communication
- Served as Project Manager, Trainer, Analyst, Programmer and Business Owner
- Wrote and delivered technical and non-technical training programs for adults
- Led large web and mainframe software projects to successful completion
- Wrote various requirements, design, training and planning documents
- Application experience: University fundraising, Space Occupancy Planning, Real Estate, Payroll
- Skill set: PHP, MySQL, PL/SQL, CSS, HTML, Dreamweaver, MS Project, MS Office, Business Analysis and Database Design
- Soft skills: Verbal and written communication, planning and follow up, attention to detail without forgetting the 'big picture', collaboration, training and problem solving
My ideal position is one where I work with a motivated team which completes software projects that customers love.
Aug 2007 - Present
Data Systems Manager
Ir2 - Interior Design
Working with commercial interior designers and a web-based application I develop space occupancy plans. My duties include data analysis, client interviewing, PHP programming, MySQL database design, report creation, specification writing, problem solving and more. For this work I use in PHP, MySQL, CSS and HTML. I am completing a redesign and rewrite of a space forecasting web application. This application allows facilities managers to forecast square footage needs and build online stack plans for changing real estate requirements. Together with the principal of Ir2, I completed the requirements analysis. I designed the system, the interface and database structure. I wrote the code, did the QA and wrote the documentation.
Jul 2005 - Aug 2007
University of San Diego
Using specifications that I wrote, I developed Oracle PL/SQL programs and reports, wrote and executed test plans and wrote user documentation to help USD track and raise funds.
- In collaboration with the internal client, created specifications, designed, programmed, and implemented systems to track donor activity allowing the client immediate access to information enabling strategic planning and immediate evaluation of initiatives. As of November 2009, this system continues to be used with no problems or changes.
- Conducted custom data mining to analyze giving behavior of more than 25,000 entities, providing University Relations a roadmap for prioritizing budget and staff resources to maximize the immediate and long-term return on investment.
- Assisted University Relations groups to develop better, more measurable business processes in order to better identify and cultivate prospects and therefore increase revenue.
Oct 2002 - Apr 2005
Served as account manager for technology clients like Oracle, Symantec and Siemens.
- I collaborated with external clients to enable them to target their best prospects for technology sales using the Harte-Hanks data.
- I developed relationships with external clients and monitored activities to help me better understand areas of risk and opportunity within each of my accounts.
- I worked with internal team members to identify areas where our data product could improve. Working with Product Management and IT, I identified and cleaned bad data.
Oct 1998 - Nov 2001
Senior Project Manager
Returned to the IT field as a Technical Support Analyst supporting customers nationwide and completed my tenure as Senior Project Manager managing engineering, graphics and QA teams who built web-based software using Microsoft tools. Some of my accomplishments include these:
·In association with the Product and Engineering Managers,I managed a $500,000 web project for national real estate client to successful completion on time and under budget. This (homestore.com) project was made available to a national audience of real estate agents and home buyers to enable them to better manage the steps involved in finding and buying a home.
·I developed and performed training programs to teach both technical and non-technical audiences about the database and features of a web-based First American proprietary software product.
Jul 1987 - Aug 1991
Senior Database Analyst
San Diego Data Processing
Worked as a data base analyst, security analyst and trainer on an IBM 3090 using COBOL, JCL, IMS DB/DC, DB2 SQL. I designed and maintained large databases for the City of San Diego.
Aug 1983 - Jul 1987
Programmer / Database Analyst
National Steel and Shipbuilding
Began as a programmer analyst maintaining a payroll/personnel software package and later moved to become a database analyst in a mainframe IBM shop working with IMS databases.