Senior Vice President, Commercial Group Marketing
Recruited to help establish the Commercial Group’s first divisional marketing function from ground level. Supported five business units with customer acquisition and marketing expertise. Led both internal and external activities within the division, administering a $10M budget. Accountable for assessing divisional objectives, developing business line level marketing strategies, creating a brand identity, and ensuring consistent messaging was filtered throughout the Group. Directed all marketing functions within the division, including strategic planning, research and analysis, communications initiatives, meetings and events, eMarketing campaigns, launching new products and services, and promotions. Hired, managed and mentored up to 20 direct reports, supporting a division of 1,400 employees.
As Senior Vice President, Commercial Group Marketing:
- Grew Commercial Group operations to contribute $377+M in net income in 2007 and $148M in first half of 2008, becoming the most profitable division in the organization.
- Played a critical role in creating the Commercial Group’s first marketing department from ground level. Responsible for building marketing and customer acquisition programs supporting five business units.
- Developed a tool to disseminate high quality leads on a monthly basis to the sales teams and managers, which has played a vital role in revitalizing critical relationships between marketing and field colleagues.
- Generated response rates from direct mail campaigns averaging 3+%, and conversion rates of nearly 30%, which are six times the industry average.
- Revamped web presence, content, and introduced a new email marketing newsletter program, which experienced more than 110% open rate and better than 20% click-through rates.
- Achieved best in company internal and external event management results, including customer networking and appreciation events as well as internal business and recognition events.
- Empowered loan consultants to contribute to marketing efforts by creating a print-on-demand web-based solution that produces fliers, postcards, semi-customizable letter, brochure-ware, etc.
- Developed WaMu’s first dimensional marketing/telemarketing campaign used to support entry into the Chicago and New York markets, resulting in more than $150M in new leads generated.
- Introduced numerous customer acquisition programs, including: sourcing hit lists, direct mail campaigns, lead generation programs, print advertising, promotions, and tracking program results.
- Forged solid relationships with business line leaders by conducting pre-campaign analysis, program tracking, and determining post-campaign results. The quantifiable results played a critical role in achieving buy-in from support team, management, and executive team members for future programs.