Diana Maria Duque
Personal I nformation Nationa lity: Colombian
Experience & Career
Apr 2005 – Feb 2009
N ov 2002 – Sep 200 3
Jan uary – June 2001
Jan – May 2007
Sept 2003 – Sep 2004
1997 – 20 01
Postobon S.A , Colombia.
Senior Brand Manager - Juice Drinks & New Generation Beverages . Reporting directly to Head of Marketing .
Marketing : Responsible for the development, planning and execution of marketing strategies for Juice, Tea and Energy
Drinks for the Colombian beverage markets. L eading brand positioning process es , national advertising campaigns an d the
development & launch of mass promotions. Jointly responsible for development of product - brand pipeline and of research i n
other geographical markets .
Management : C oordinating activities of special areas such as production, sales, advertising, promotion, research and
development, marketing research, distribution, package development and finance .
Corporate Finance : Durin g 2008 additionally reporting to the CFO and assisting Top Management . L ead ing the analysis &
valuations of M&A projects in the beverage market in Colombia.
Brand positioning -
- Juice Drinks . From 32 % market share on April 2005 to 47% on Fe bruary 2009. Brands : HIT and TUTTI FRUTTI . Current
A nnual V olume: 170mm Lt. Current Annual Value: USD $177mm.
- Tea Drinks . M r . TEA was the first ready to drink Tea in Colombia; launched on October 2005. It started with an A nnual
V olume of 7 mm Lt . and Valu e of USD $8,4mm. C urrent A nnual V olume 14mm Lt. Current Annual Value: USD $ 24 mm.
- Energy Drinks . From 20 % market share on July 2005 to 3 1 % on February 2009. Brand : PEAK . Current A nnual V olume:
1,3 mm Lt. Current Annual Value: USD $ 8,4 mm.
Brand Launches hi ghlights -
- Tutti Frutti SunFrut . Orange Juice fortified with vitamins A, D, B3, B6, B12 . January 2009.
- Peak . New Energy Drink. June 2006 .
- Hit Buenos Dias . 100% Orange Juice. April 2006.
- Mr Tea . Ready to d rink T ea. October 2005.
Line Extensions Launches -
- M r Tea Green Tea with antioxidants. September 2008.
- Mr Tea Light. January 2008.
- Peak Light. January 2008.
- Hit Buenos Dí Calcium & Hit Buenos Dí Omega 3. 2006.
- Package extensions: Mr Tea : T etra P ak liter, 200ml & 1 liter bottle. 2007 - 2008. Peak : glass & pet bottles. 2008.
SUPER DE ALIMENTOS S.A, Colombia.
Brand Leader – C onfectionary brands . Marketing Department.
- Planning and execution of marketing strategies for confectio nary brands in the adults segment .
- D eveloping launches and line extensions for the related brands .
Brand positioning -
Confectionary Products - Super de Alimentos S.A . 15% market share (2003) . No. Units : 600m m . Sales: USD 13m m /year.
Brand Launches -
- Bianchi Maní2003. No. Units 72m m , Sales: USD 1,5m m /year.
- Arequipe Melk. 2003. No. Units 30m m , Sales: USD 0,65m m /year.
Line Extensions Launc hes:
- Menta Chao & Big Ben. 2003. Soft candies with new package conditions for the US market.
A GUAS DE MANIZALES E.S.P S.A, Colombia.
Planning and Project Analyst. Internship. Planning and Project Department.
Development of a financial valuat ion model to evaluate the social & economic impact of the company’s investment projects .
Size: $1bn, Horizon: 5 years.
Georgetown University, Washington D.C. United States.
Competitiveness Leadership Program.
Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, Spain.
Master Degree in International Commerce.
Universidad Nacional de Colombia, Colombia.
Business Administration Bachelor Degree. (BA. Hons) . Line of Specialization: Management.
Dissertation: Strategic Proposal based on Constraints Theory by Goldrat : Billing process for the Estate Health Services
Companies. (Distinction awarded with school honors ).
2000 - 2001
International Language Academy of Canada. Business English. Toronto, Canada.
Lillian Bisho p School of English. General English. 2002. London, United Kingdom.
AIESEC. International Association of Economic Sciences Students. – Member.
Charity, reading & sports.
Spanish: Mother tongue English: Fluent
A vailable upon request.
Colombia Phone 0 57 - 4 - 311 - 8518
Mobile 057 - 311 - 782 - 0191
E - mail [email protected]