The Woods Church is a community of 1300+ people with diverse backgrounds who have been transformed by God. As a multi-site church, each week The Woods offers four services (3 Contemporary and 1 Traditional) at two different locations. This allows us to have a greater impact for Christ not only through our Sunday worship experiences but as the hands and feet of Jesus in the communities that surround our Warren and Chesterfield locations. The Woods leadership collaborates together with over 500 weekly/monthly volunteers in order to live out God's mission to Love God, Love People, and Serve Our World.
Playing games with my family, Single Track Biking, Theology, Spiritual Formation, Volleyball, Soccer, Buckeye Football and Basketball.
To be the Lead Pastor of a dynamic Christian community. To guide a congregation in becoming a distinct holiness people where we work in concert with God to proclaim Christ's message of salvation, live lives surrendered to God, and become the hands and feet of Jesus inside our church, in our community, and around the world.
May 2004 - Present
The Woods Church of the Nazarene
Teaching Pastor (2006-present)
- Worked in concert with God's vision for The Woods Church to craft and implement a new vision and mission for The Woods church as a member of the executive leadership team.
- Develop and preach 20 sermons annually at both our Warren and Chesterfield campuses. Our Warren campus requires preaching multiple services on Sunday (9am, 10am, and 11am).
- Developed and implemented discipleship models, goals, and strategies which assimilated over 500 adults into weekly Christian Education venues.
- Actively identify, develop, and commission top level coordinators as a "Leader of Leaders" for 6 different ministries.
- Meet weekly with a creative team to plan and regularly lead Sunday morning worship, Night of Worship experiences and seasonal worship opportunities.
Pastor to Children and their Families (2004-2006)
- Developed curriculum for children birth through 6th grade. Material focused on creating a partnership between the church and parents.
- Created and implemented a family experience service to increase spiritual conversations between kids and their primary spiritual caregiver.
- Created, planned, and Implemented community events geared towards reaching new families.
2002 - 2004
Summer Ministries Editor
Church of the Nazarene Sunday School Ministries
Created and implemented new focus and vision for Vacation Bible School.