Development and implementation of strategic communication plans while creating and enforcing the organizational style guide.
- Develops, leads and implements strategic and crisis communications plans.
- Publicizes events and online content though engaging social media followers.
- Writes weekly newsletter targeting domestic and international cycling media, staff and cycling stakeholders with calendar standings and national development program updates.
- Drives proactive and manages reactive media relations efforts resulting in nearly $3 million dollars in annual publicity value.
- Negotiates contracts with independent contractors and manages onsite performance for national championship events.
- Manages and contributes to the organization's editorial content including writing and editing copy for press releases, web content, feature stories, newsletter content and internal communications.
- Prepares and trains athletes and staff on effective communication, messaging, media relations.
- Plans and coordinates media exposure for national championship events, working closely with event promoters, local organizing committees, local media and various stakeholders.
- Facilitates media relations outreach to secure USA Cycling-related features in various lifestyle and sports publications in addition to industry and Olympic publications.
- United States Olympic Committee Press Officer at the 2012 Olympic Games in London, United Kingdom.