Executive with a successful career, proven results, personal leadership, effective relationships and analytical thinking skills as the core assets developed during 23 years of professional career, contributing to value creation of companies in various industries. Multicultural, fluent in english and spanish. Working experinece in areas such as Finance, Planning, Operations, Engineering and Procurement. Directing at some positions 50+ people teams. Complemented this joyful experience with education beyond College: MBA and a later Business School degree.
2006 - Present
Senior Negotiator - Global Sourcing - CEMEX Central.
Major achievement 2006-2009. Negotiation of main equipment for worldwide major projects cement facilities, achieving over 15 million USD in benefits and 5 million USD in hard savings Sr. Global Negotiator • Accountable for a sourcing portfolio over 250 million USD / yr: Heavy Mobile equipment, Tires and Lift-Trucks. Hard savings for 2009 over 3 million USD. 2008 savings over 4 million USD (16%). • Negotiation of Global Frame Agreements. Sourcing strategy for worldwide needs of portfolio. • Leading work teams overseas, partnering with members of different skills and experience: technical, operational, procurement, legal. • Deployment of closed negotiations. Global Sourcing Negotiator - CapEx Group - CEMEX Central • Negotiation of main equipment for major projects. Benefits over 15 million USD. Spain, Panama and Poland new cement plants. Management of relations with critical suppliers. • Introduce NPV analysis for mill and kiln equipment evaluation, for 1st time in Procurement Area. • Evaluating new mills supplier offer, visiting facilities in Germany, Greece, India and China. • Responsible for CapEx negotiations and expediting activities for equipment manufactured abroad
2005 - 2006
Operations Regional Manager - Aggregates MEX
Major achievement 2005-2006. Launching of new facilities at CEMEX’s West Region Aggregates, Gravel and Sand, Business Unit. • Operations restructure. Launch of mining and crushing facility at Poncitlan, Guadalajara, Jal. Production volume from 0 to 500k mt/yr in 5 months. • 25% increase on volume/person. • Improvement in other West Region marketplaces. 80% volume increase at Morelia. 8% savings in cement consumption for ready mix, due to quality improvement in gravel and sand. • No union problems, regulatory or other setbacks at other operation shutdown due to Tonala Quarry depletion at Guadalajara, Jal.
2002 - 2005
Financial Planning Manager - Planning MEX
• Improvement in business management, through new focus in commercial key performance indicators. Development of KPI’s for 4 new strategic business units: Multiproducts, Financing, Lime, Gravel and Sand. • Consolidation of Regional Collaborative Councils: cells for inter-functional working. Leading teamwork with superior, par and lower level executives. • Improvement in annual budgeting process, increasing accuracy and reducing efforts and complexity. • Support to several commercial and business development projects.
2000 - 2002
Plant Comptroller and Costs Manager - Finance - Enertec Joint Venture JCI-IMSA
Johnson Controls Automotive
Major achievement 2000-2002. Development of Material Balance and Cost System at Enertec’s JV IMSA-Johnson Controls 7 plant company. Comptroller’s area improvement. • Development of Material Balance System and Cost System • Cost savings over 40 Mill USD per year. Saving of 15% on variable cost achieved in the first year. • Improvement of accounting records; financial statements delivery improved from day 12 to day 1; cost centers reduced from 500 to 50; cost and inventory journal entries reduced from 25 to 1. • Administrative processes standardized across all of the 7 plants. • First year with no adjustment to financial statements from external auditors on inventory differences. • Cost System used as base for 6 Sigma projects, black belts and green belts projects. • Supervised 30 employees. Reduction of personnel in 10%.
1998 - 2000
Financial Planning Manager - Steel Division
• Presentation and analysis of financial, commercial and operative results, for Board meetings. • Business planning and long term projection for possible acquisition of AHMSA. • Responsible for annual budget coordination. • PMI participation on IMSA-Acero acquisition of two USA-based companies on the West Coast.
1997 - 1998
Owner - Small Business
Mexico Arte y Decoracion
Blacksmith shop and iron forgings. Home furniture, tables, lamps, candlesticks for high-end segment at local market
1994 - 1997
Alfa - Selther & Simmons
• Responsible of Treasury, receivables, risk management, administration of cash flow. • Responsible of financial analysis.
1991 - 1994
• Corporate treasury responsible. Cash flow administration and loan negotiation. • Money market, foreign exchange market, forwards and derivatives market.
1985 - 1991
Manufacturing Engineer / Financial Analyst.
Ford Motor Company - Plastic Plant Division - Carplastic
• Process engineer; new automotive lamps facility. • Financial analysis.