A visionary IT and business strategist focused on delivery of business value through detailed analysis and cross-organizational collaboration and communication. Leads innovative initiatives from conception to completion by identifying risks, decreasing costs, enhancing efficiencies and implementing solutions. Drives improvements throughout an organization to deliver measurable, successful results to ensure lasting growth. Optimizes and maintains robust infrastructure to enable reliable operations of industry functions.
Feb 2009 - May 2009
Led study to assess usability and marketability of web-based version of HR management tool used by multiple Fortune 500 firms.
- Assessed usability issues and developed recommended corrective strategy, including costs
- Presented final report to executive management, including president and CEO
Nov 2005 - Jul 2008
IT Consultant (IT Governance/Portfolio Management)
Ford Motor Company
Developed strategy and business case and implemented IT governance process improvement and tool integration, targeting $55,000,000/yr savings and project efficiency and quality improvements.
- Directed strategy for global implementation of enterprise IT governance/portfolio management tool
- Synthesized PPM requirements from global IT organization and compared with industry best practices
- Produced RFP, business case and cost and risk model materials for $25,000,000 PPM implementation
- Created implementation schedule and associated project documentation
- Performed phase one project management implementation, including system configuration, user training and organizational change management, resulting in increased consistency and time savings
Nov 2006 - May 2007
IT Consultant (Bill of Materials)
Ford Motor Company
Analyzed business processes and developed improvement strategy to drive cost and timing efficiency in BOM processes and tools.
- Analyzed and disseminated information on industry best practices and methodologies
- Consulted with business to develop bill of materials process and data models
- Applied lean product development principles to create process improvement proposal
Jun 2005 - Nov 2005
IT Consultant (Business Planning)
Ford Motor Company
Responsible for coordination of North American IT business plan, both within the IT organization and in collaboration with Ford Product Development, Manufacturing and Marketing and Sales organizations.
- Coordinated and aligned development of $1,200,000,000 North American business plan
- Worked closely with executive team to ensure alignment with corporate objectives
- Collaborated with Ford CIO and executive committee to develop strategy to support key goals
Jun 2004 - Jun 2005
Cross-Cluster Product Marketing Mgr.
Ford Motor Company
Developed product marketing strategies for brand and and commodity planning; collaborated with Product Development and Manufacturing to reduce costs and improve vehicle quality.
- Created data-driven core content brand positioning strategy for Lincoln division, defining market segment and content requirements
- Worked closely with core content and vehicle program teams to position strategy in Lincoln programs
- Performed detailed competitive analysis of key vehicle features to ensure product competitiveness
- Established marketing positions on commonality strategies for 35 components, including navigation, seats and four-wheel drive, resulting in up to 90% complexity reduction and 50% cost reduction
- Presented strategies to senior management, including VPs of Marketing, Engineering and Product Development
- Worked closely with vehicle program marketing teams to ensure cross-vehicle content consistency
- Developed innovative quantitative analytical methods to project adoption rates of technologies
- Provided customer/competitive perspective in vehicle/brand development through analysis of internal/external data
Aug 2003 - Jun 2004
Ford Motor Company
Managed project and client relationship in delivery of cross-platform software upgrade.
- Held responsibility for budget, scope and timing for $1,500,000 cross-platform development project on mission-critical plant floor system
- Managed team of 15 geographically dispersed web and mainframe developers
- Gathered customer requirements and confirmed that design met customer needs and expectations
- Provided updates to IT management, program office and business customer
- Organized delivery of upgrade through analysis, design and build phases to ensure continued plant operations and special-vehicle builds
Jun 1996 - Aug 2003
Owned and managed a multimedia production company with projects including online, PC-based and print-based projects.
- Developed relationships to increase business.
- Created proposals, including projected costs and timing.
- Managed projects, including budget, scope and timing.
- Synthesized print and multimedia content for presentation to customer.
- Oversaw client relationships as well as collected and analyzed requirements.
Jun 2002 - Sep 2002
Summer Intern - Business Technology
Analyzed cellular data services and applicability to use by Pfizer sales force and presented recommendations to Pfizer IT management.
- Gathered information on availability, security and performance of cellular data services,
- Obtained customer requirements from company sales force
- Developed and managed partner relationships with wireless carriers and software providers
- Analyzed feasibility of cellular data for use by sales force, including technical/business requirements
- Developed proposal and presented analysis and recommendations to senior IT management team
1999 - 2001
Cultivated relationships with 65 enterprise business continuity software customers worldwide, including management of implementation and integration projects.
- Earned recognition as 1999 Software Team Member of the Year
- Delivered implementation and integration services for $250,000 enterprise disaster recovery/business continuity software tool, including technical, process and organizational support
- Cultivated relationships with 65 customers worldwide, representing over $20,000,000 in sales
- Provided onsite support to resolve technical and organizational issues
- Trained consultants and support teams on software and implementation techniques
- Represented user perspective on development team to ensure meeting of customer requirements
- Established product strategy and marketing campaign for suite of business continuity planning tools
- Developed relationships with partners in Asia, Australia and France, resulting in expansion of sales
Jul 1993 - 1999
Training & Support Manager/Developer
Managed support and training team, training and deployment program and software implementation projects.
- Negotiated $1,000,000 contract with Canadian business partners to develop and maintain software on Lotus Notes platform, accelerating expansion into additional markets, with over $10,000,000 in additional revenue
- Oversaw relationships with software development partners and consulting organization
- Created strategy to integrate multiple product offerings with diverse architectures and platform obtained through acquisitions to ensure product consistency and improve customer satisfaction
- Managed six-member help desk/training staff supporting 1,500 customers on six packages across four platforms
- Created program to train over 200 customers, consultants and internal staff annually
- Conducted regional and onsite training for customers and internal consultants in English and French
- Designed and developed multimedia marketing materials, including demo CDs and interactive kiosks
- Designed, wrote, produced, and published documentation, including user manuals and quick reference guides
- Represented customer perspective on software development team, ensuring meeting of requirements
- Incorporated feedback derived from customer training/support to system architecture and user interface design
Jul 1989 - Jul 1993
Hot Line/Junior Programmer
Developed code, database architecture and user interface; responded to customer issues; managed customer communications
- Programmed interface, database and system structure for PC-based business continuity software application
- Provided onsite and remote software support
- Originated, designed and created customer communication methods, including newsletters and mailings
2001 - 2003
Academic Merit Scholarship recipient