Senior Manager, Sales and Marketing
DATALINK INDUSTRIAL CORPORATION
DATALINK INDUSTRIAL CORPORATION, Delhi, India2008 to present
(Datalink is India's Largest and Pioneer in Print Consumables and Computer Accessories under brand name ProDot. Company is a well-channelled group throughout India with over 500 PLUS Distributors and 5000 PLUS Dealers, with over 4 crore sale/M.)
Senior Manager, Sales and Marketing 08/2009 - Present
- Marketing mix Sales & communication Training Branding Business analysis Recruiting
Promoted as a senior manager after completing two years with company. Drove marketing strategy and programs for all product lines totalling Rs.4 crore sales. Coordinated the efforts of design, product development, manufacturing, and other departments to deliver products for seasonal deadlines. Also directed the development of sales brochures and marketing materials, developed and gave sales-force presentations on seasonal product lines, and managed national sales meetings for upper management and national sales organisation.
Ø Key Accomplishments
- Boosted profit margins from 80% to 200% through secondary sales for distributors to generate primary sales as a marketing support. We doubled sales revenue to more than 4 crore within 2 years, delivering the firm's highest-ever sales gain in its 22-year history.
- After analysing market, key distributors and corporate, identified growth opportunity and then created and launched marketing mix with key and high end distributors. Increased brand segment sales 200% - 2.5 crore to 4+ crore.
- Dramatically boosted brand visibility among distributors, dealers and corporate all over India, won best visible brand in India. Managed production of printed materials for packaging, point-of-purchase, advertising, publicity, trade shows, and product support; contributed to design and content of corporate web site. Effectively managed time, resources, and project details-never missed a deadline. Brought innovative graphic designs and concepts to static marketing campaign, introduced use of photography for the first time in product's history, developed strong relationships with T.V channels, newspaper and advertising account executives that resulted in beneficial treatment.
- Motivated and trained staff to surpass sales and marketing goals by focusing on customer service, interdepartmental communications, and quick, efficient responses to inquires.
- Recruited, trained, and managed a top-notch team. Developed innovative training and sales tools that supported a resourceful staff and resulted in high levels of customer satisfaction. Played a significant role in planning, organizing, and managing entire operation. Successfully instilled a customer-service focus and encouraged education and independent decision-making by staff. As a result, increased staff and customer satisfaction and reduced turnover (in a typically high-turnover industry).
- Worked closely with production, packaging and design team to reduce monthly product complaints; created and executed new design of product packaging along with atomization of production process. As a result complaints were reduced from 1.5% to .2%.
- Conducted region-wide distributor evaluations, identifying opportunities for improvement and initiating individualized training, monitoring, and motivational programs to ensure performance to goals.
Manager, Branding and Training 12/2007 - 08/2009
- Branding Advertisings Trade shows Franchise shows Product and communication Training
Recruited to spur business growth through effective leadership of the company's branding, marketing, training and public relation initiatives. Created and implemented promotional strategies. Oversaw the development of sales and marketing collateral.
Ø Key Accomplishments
- Successfully managed development and execution of all marketing collateral; cultivated and oversaw vendor relationships (graphic designers, writers, printers); produced promotional materials, including flyers, feature-product documents, and company and client newsletters.
- Served as Brand manager, provided product training; developed and communicated effective sales strategies; maintained close communication to ensure focus on our products among lines promoted by these multivendor representatives.
- Designed and delivered a real-time performance information system, available electronically to key business teams, for precise analysis and up-to-the-minute customer service. User-friendly system design resulted in a staff and customer satisfaction.
- Piloted the company's first-ever trade show participation; extremely successful outcome led to participation in India's largest print consumable industry trade show (Delhi, 2011), Seized opportunity to hold group meetings and training sessions with all distributors and retailers.
- Implemented sales force automation that provides a more efficient and cost-effective method of developing customer contacts and service contracts.