Founding Partner, Principle, Business Development
Founded the e-commerce retailer Dormbuys.com that experienced growth as an independent retailer, while at the same time developing strategic partnerships with colleges and universities throughout the United States.
- Grew revenues from zero to one million dollars in under three years
- Developed strategic partnerships with over 100 colleges and universities giving Dormbuys revenue generating, on-campus presence.
- Formed profitable relationships with several national retailers, Linens-N-Things and Sears, which introduced the Dormbuys product line to millions of new customers.
- Conceptualized and developed a presence for the Dormbuys brand, both online (i.e. social media, Facebook, Google, blog, email marketing, Dormbuys website) and offline (i.e. brochures, business cards, gift cards, flyers, boxes) that gained the site recognition as on of the top destinations for back-to-college shopping.
- Moved the business through various stages of operational systems, culminating in a customized order and fulfillment systems allowing a minimum number of employees to effectively ship and pack thousands of orders during the busiest times of the year.
- Developed a company culture focused on providing an unforgettable customer experience among every touch point (i.e. phone calls, order delivery, emails).
- Increased the effectiveness of each department by fostering cross-functional member engagement, which encouraged employees to take a personal interest in the overall goals of the company.