Effective and detail-oriented System Administrator with more than 5 years of experience servicing over 500 personnel. Maintained a 91% accuracy rate, for solving customer problems on the first attempt. Successfully supported long-term and day-to-day operational efficiencies and functionality of information security programs. Provided advanced troubleshooting procedures to solve network issues. Solved complex business process and systems problems by using advance-troubleshooting techniques. Administered servers and desktops to maintain everyday operations. Implemented and upgraded computer system hardware, to include: motherboards, hard drives, network devices and system memory.
2009 - 2010
- Configured, installed and conducted troubleshooting for cable, internet, wired and wireless network systems for the country’s largest provider of cable services, digital services and internet and IP enabled phone service.
- Functioned as a liaison between customers and maintenance employees to ensure maximum understanding of products and services.
- Maintained 91% accuracy rate, for solving customer problems the first time, ranked highest among peers.
- Reduced customer usage errors by reviewing service orders, providing information, and training customers on functionality of equipment and programming.
- Controlled and protected assets and equipment valued at $60,000.
2004 - 2008
Signal Support Systems Specialist
- Ensured compliance with procedural and technical aspects to follow company policies.
- Maintained 100% accountability of all assigned equipment, valued at more than $75,000 during department relocation.
- Assigned permissions to 50 qualified users within Windows systems to maintain system security.
- Identified root causes of problems and repaired them in a timely manner so operations were not halted.
- Identified and developed plans to overcome shortcomings to ensure 100% communications at all times.
- Supported 4-25 Brigade Special Troops Battalion serving over 500 personnel.
- Assisted users with terminal devices, satellite communications equipment and automated telecommunications.
- Reduced customer usage errors by 80%, by reviewing service orders, then providing information and training on functionality of equipment and programs listed.
- Administered desktops/laptops to support the existing infrastructure, by adding users to the local domain.
- Installed, configured, and upgraded operating systems, personal computer components, and portable devices.
- Optimized network security by maintaining firewalls, updating drivers and security programs.
- Supervised, installed, maintained and performed troubleshooting on automated databases.
2011 - Present
Bachelor of Science in Network & Communications Management
Dec 2009 - Present