None Add Summary
Director of Supply Chain Management
Radar Systems, Radios and Networks Responsible for supply chain management of programs with sales in excess of $550M annually
- Centralized Procurement
- Systems information standardization
- Cost savings through leveraged buying
- Improved inventory management
- Improved operational and functional excellence
- Developed off-sets to meet requirements of the UK MoD.
- Procured both direct and subcontract material in excess of $250M per year.
- Established the ITT Industries executive procurement and expense councils.
- Chairman of the ITT Defense and Electronics procurement council.
- Member of the ITT Defense e-commerce team
Member of the IIN e-procurement team.
Jul 2004 - Sep 2008
VP Supply Chain Management
DoD Heavy equipment, electronics, armament, contract manufacture
- Lead Supply Chain for 4 to 8 divisions.
- Directed Corporate buying groups in commodity buying and leverage for over $300M, $10M saved
- Successfully reorganized Purchasing Department
- Established commodity buying
- Established planner/buyer
- Met all material budgets with cost challenges ranging from 3-7%
- Established system real time Supply Chain Metrics
- Supplier quality 99+%
- Days of inventory - A items under 20 days, B items under 60 days, C items under 80 days measured by program.
- A,B,C classifications inventory accuracy A item accuracy 100%, B item accuracy 97%, C item accuracy 95%
- Supplier delivery 92%
- Number of suppliers. 650
- Established barcodes for
- Cycle counting
- Material put up and issue
- Established the exception message use for planning and buying.
- Established the Supply Chain concepts: VMI, Kan Ban, Min-Max on factory floors
- Finalized the implementation of Oracle in four of the 8 factories.The other four sites implemented Deltec.
Jan 2001 - Nov 2003
Vice President of Supply Chain Management
GKN Aerospace Services
Metal fabrication, machining and composite aero-structures
- Established a supply chain business (3PL) to service the requirements of the Aerospace industry.
- Strategy and operating plans
- Sales and marketing plans
- The organization and manning budgets
- P & L responsibility
- Establish the GKN Worldwide Procurement Council with elements in Europe and the United States.
- Applied the following supply chain techniques:
- Demand flow
- Supplier delivery to line side
- Supplier managed inventory (VMI)
- Min-Max replenishment
Jan 1991 - Apr 2001
Director of Materials
Communication systems, satellites and networks
- Responsible for all aspects of Supply Chain Management
- Production Control
- Supplier Quality
- Supplier Lean Initiatives
- Reduced production inventory by 36% while continuing to lower line shortages.
- Negotiated savings to programs delivering 30% reduction on bid and 10% better than budget ($7M).
- Reduced supplier base by 60% (from 1,100 to 450 suppliers).
- Introduced the concept of commodity teams into the materials department.
- Supplied material to enable the production line to remain 60 months on contract schedule for the Sincgars Radio.
- Lead the negotiating of subcontracts for both "secret" and "commercial" satellite programs.
- Responsible for the team that introduced Supplier integrated product development/Robust Design to ITT A/CD.