Interactive Music Product Development Editor
Boston, MA • Van Nuys, CA • Sarasota, FL [remote]
6/12 – present�: Alfred Music (became major stakeholder on product)7/11 – 6/12: Pearson staff9/10 – 1/11: NETS, a Pearson vendor: prototype / proof-of-concept developer
Content developer for interactive music assets deployed on Pearson’s onlinelearningexchange.com, combining expertise in development, editorial, design and production, and music pedagogy.
Life cycle project management: content development, design direction, author manuscript review, pedagogical relevancy, metadata/keywords for ingestion, quality assurance testing of assets post-ingestion.
Design and Prototype Phase
- Content expert on team that developed Proof-of-Concept for Pearson’s digitally delivered interactive music product (Grades K–8); prototyping services included authoring, editing, design, illustration, and music autography; for animated/interactive activities, created Listening Map concepts, storyboards, technical illustrations and specs (layered Illustrator files imported into Flash for animation base, along with scratch Flash files); provided quality assurance testing for digital assets’ functionality.
Development, Implementation, and Evaluation Phases
- Develop digital and downloadable content to include integrated curriculum lessons and activities (science, social studies, reading/language arts, and mathematics) to align with National Standards for Music.
- Brainstorm asset concept with program authors, write student and teacher content, create storyboards for design team, detail interactivity specs for programmers of Flash and HTML5 interactive and animated gadgets.
- Increase quantity of art and imagery in new content without affecting lean art/photo budgets by creating and illustrating images and offering design direction on creative ways to use existing imagery.
- Utilize cloud-based project management systems for daily workflow; use Enterprise Content Management [ECM] system, Documentum, to organize, store, and transfer assets throughout the lifecycle—from development through the ingestion and deployment of product.
- Manage quality assurance checks and content testing to ensure usability of each asset prior to going ‘live’ on platform.
- Develop metadata content, including keywords, topics, and descriptions for ingestion of assets into Pearson’s LMS, Online Learning Exchange [OLE]: http://www.onlinelearningexchange.com/.
- Monitor assets using JIRA to track issues and bugs.