- An experienced classroom practitioner with over 20yrs experience.
- Proven track record and experience working as a primary teacher NE-Year 8.
- Excellent classroom management skills, and the ability to work in a collaborative environment.
- Excellent understanding of the NZ curriculum, quality teaching practice and is able to demonstrate this and apply this knowledge in the classroom.
- Team player who works collaboratively with staff to plan and coordinate school programmes.
- Excellent understanding of the current pedagogy and practices that underlie effective teaching.
Recent curriculum strengths and experience
- 2010 Successfully worked with the Principal of Moriah College, Justine Hitchcock to implement the New Curriculum and National Standards reporting and assessment procedures.
- I use effective strategies to develop metacognitive skills. E.g. Goal setting programme.
- Confident at teaching literacy curriculum levels 1-3.
- Confident at teaching mathematics stages 0-5. Completed Numeracy Project Course.
- Experienced at differentiated learning because of my work in multi-level teaching environments and MLE.
- Experienced in assessment and familiar with Numpa, gloss, ikan, running records, SEA, STAR, PAT, asTTle.
- Skilled at moderating students work and confident report writer, reporting to National Standards.
- Confident at implementing ELL programs.
- 2010 Associate Teacher for two student teachers.
- 2010 Board of Trustees staff representative.
- 2012 Mentor teacher for a beginning teacher.
- 2015 MLE experience