Result driven IT Professional with 16 years of experience with a focus on Infrastructure Management in leading corporate clients like Hewlett Packard, Dell, Sony, Credit Suisse and Novartis.
Jul 2014 - Jan 2016
Delivery Manager (Basel, Switzerland)
WIPRO/Novartis Pharma AG(NIBR)
Leading Stage1 Global Operations for research computing platform at Novartis Institute of Bio-medical research, consisting of High Performance Computing, Storage, Servers, Network spanning across 6 global data centers. Managing Citrix Engineering , Application Support and packaging. Involved in business expansion and development.
- Managed global Operations with teams across APAC, EMEA and US
- Initiated overall direction for the Global Operations by merging the local Operations by designing TOM( Target Operating Model)
- Coordinated with architecture, operation and engineering teams in delivering the strategy and roadmap for Global IT support.
- Set operational compliance to ensure that organization fulfills its obligations under the law
Jan 2010 - Jun 2014
Programme Manager (Zurich, Switzerland)
WIPRO/ CREDIT SUISSE AG
Designed Strategy and Operations for Global Infrastructure Services in Credit-Suisse. Responsible for managing life cycle of hardware and server builds Credit Suisse globally. To ensure model is adopted by all business units to better identify, measure, plan and remediate End of Life, thereby improving overall stability, cost, risk, & complexity.
- Reduced the run cost of operations by 20%.
Managed Global Operations involving 7 teams and 6 geographical locations. Designed goals and roadmap for global infrastructure services for Credit Suisse. Set up a automation factory spanning multi-location to engineer and automate operational and provisioning tasks.
- 49% of Operational tasks and 85% of Provisioning fully automated.
Headed the Citrix Farm Renewal in TIS- Credit-Suisse involving 1200 servers and 600 applications. Work involved defining a strategy and roadmap for the Citrix environment and architect a new Citrix Farm 64bit platform, migrate all existing applications and users to the new farm and decom the old farm.
- 18 month project delivered in 16 month without any business impact
Jun 2008 - Dec 2009
Program Manager (Brighton, UK)
Wipro/ Southern Water
Executed a 10 million dollar programme that involved replacement, centralisation and consolidation/virtualisation of server platforms, storage and backup/recovery systems, and the migration of associated business systems, applications and data, to be hosted across two interconnected Data Centres (Bracknell & Durrington) and providing (secure) user access via the MPLS Network, 3rd party links and the Internet.
- Designed and architect a new DC with international standards at Durrington with 100% failover to Bracknell DC.
- Implemented Enterprise Data Storage Repository & E-Mail Archiving solution
- Effectively virtualized 90% of the physical environment
- Refreshed application landscape and eliminated 32% of redundant and unused application
- Introduced Thin Client (Citrix) across the organisation which resulted in a reduction of 28% of the run cost of the environment.
May 2005 - May 2008
Wipro/ Hewlett Packard
Managed a team of 80 people responsible for the end to end delivery of advanced support of all HP products and Servers.
- Implemented global risk management, problem management and change management with unified global processes.
- Remodeled the charge back system to ensure right balance between quality, cost, delivery.
- Promoted process auditing to identify areas of improvement and initiated SIP/ LEAN. This resulted a reduction of 18% of hardware failures. quality.
- Introduced balanced scorecard for Metrics analysis to determines the project performance against organizational goals.
- Optimized project efficiency by 20% leading to business development through strategic transactions and capability enhancement at all levels.
- Executed a Six Sigma Black belt project to improve product quality by minimizing the product defects. This resulted in annual saving of 1.2 billion dollars for HP.
Mar 2004 - Apr 2005
Technical Support Expert
Dell International Services (Bangalore, India)
Managed the technical resolution and escalation of a team of 15 members who provide consultancy and support for Dell US customers on various products.
- Improved FCR(First Call resolution) from 75% to 92% in 6 months by quality audit of calls, analyzing team data and reporting.
- Improvised new KPI's which boosted the customer satisfaction from 75% to 90%.
- 100% RCA(Root Cause Analysis ) of all problem tickets .
- Re-engineered process via Six Sigma Green Belt project for Process Development.
- Coordinated necessary actions to resolve issues collected as a part of this 90-day feedback for the teams.
Sep 2003 - Feb 2004
Senior Technical Support Associate
Sutherland Technologies/Sony (Chennai, India)
Delivered technical support for US SONY ( Mavica, Cybershot, Camcorders, VAIO Desktop, VAIO Laptops and PDA) project. Performed technical Analysis of unresolved issues, taking escalations, mentoring the level 1 team members. Also worked as a quality analyst for 6 months.
- Supervised quality call auditing and Feedback session with support teams
- Improved overall customer satisfaction and first call resolution by 20%.
Jan 2000 - Aug 2003
Development and Support Technician
Dellsoft Technologies (West Bengal, India)
Managed incident and problem management on servers, network, storage, database and middleware components. Worked on DEVELOPER 2000, HTML, Java, C, C++ for development activities. Contributed in deployment techniques with softwares like Rapideploy and Marimba.
- Boosted company's portfolio with new business
- Designed and implemented new and efficient solutions
1994 - 1997
Bachelor of Science
BC College, University of Burdwan
Bachelor of Science with special Physics
1992 - 1994
Chittaranjan High School
With special in Science(Physics, Chemistry and Biology)
- MCSE - Microsoft Certified System Engineers
- CCNA - Cisco Certified Network Associate
- NG CHECKPOINT
- DCSE - Dell Certified System Expert
- NCST - National Competency in Software Technology
- A-LEVEL from DOEACC, New Delhi, India
- HP Certified Hardware Technician
- Pursuing MBA in Systems and Finance from IGNOU, India