Manager - Design and Engineering - New Product Design
Apr 2015 - Present
M/s. Essel Shyam Communications Limited - SHYAM Group
- Design and development of various mechanical systems, structures and body components. These may include frame, steering, suspension, axles, drive-lines, gear boxes, tool and machine design, seating, roll cages, body panels, lighting etc.
- Design of SNG fly away antenna systems with zero backlash to facilitate accurate positioning with respect to elevation and azimuth axis. Selection of gear drives and motors for the product.
- Engineer Electrical design which is required for integration and system development of electro-mechanical systems.Develop Project Timelines in support of Program milestones.
- Revise/review and create Functional Specifications, Engineering Design Standards.
- Develop Design Packaging Layouts. Conduct DFMEA and create test and Product Validation.
- Perform Tolerance Studies on Components and Assemblies. Development and release of Engineering Drawings. Incorporate Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Oversee fabrication of prototypes and pre-production parts for testing. Coordinate necessary laboratory and ride testing. Resolve test issues & document through the use of PDCA Process.
- Perform cross functional design reviews and Design for Assembly (DFA) and Design for Manufacturing (DFM) Assessments on components and assemblies.
- Perform Finite Element Analysis (FEA) on components and assemblies for stress, thermal etc.
- Follow VNL's specialized vehicles product development process and methods for tracking project status and open issues. Lead project elements and maintain frequent contact with other functional areas, contract engineering services and suppliers.