Flat No 138, Hope Apartment, Sector 15 - ii, Gurgaon HR
Jul 2012 - Present
Real Mazon India Ltd
Since:., Kala Amb as General Manager Plants & Operations. [Real Mazon deals in Government Projects related to Transport, A JV of Real group of India and Mazon of Netherland]
- Manage the Techno-Commercial operation of 4 factories. Ensure all the resources are being used at max efficiency and monitor them daily.
- Assume P&L responsibility including the development and achievement of budgetary and cash flow goals to ensure the long-term viability of the plant.
- Review sales projection and boost/support sales team in achieving sales goals.
- Import raw material from China, Japan.
- Achieve the cost reduction targets by reducing Process cost (increase OEE, reduce manpower - by automation), Material cost (sourcing, Forex, wastage).
- Develop standards for all the processes and services.
- Ensure that company’s system is working as required. All requirements of TPM, ISO are being fulfilled as required. Ensure up gradation of manpower by ‘trainings, development programs’ is going on and benefits from that is coming.
- Manage the Pan India Application centers, supply of material as per their requirement.
- Liaison with Government departments on different issues related to Plant & Operations.
- Ensure the efficient processing of incoming materials while maintaining end product quality standards.
- Develop new sources of Raw Material and Machine Parts.
- Manage Company’s new projects on Novelty gifting, automatic parking systems. (JV with German, Italian company).
Sep 2010 - Jul 2012
Senior Manager Materials
HT Burda Ltd
- Manage the Techno-Commercial Sourcing & Development operation of HT Burda and HT Factories.
- Source raw material from Germany, Finland, Sweden, China, North America and spare parts and special (explosion proof) parts from across the world.
- Achieve Cost reduction targets by Indigenizing Imported items, optimizing SCM, develop new and better sources for Raw material, Consumables, IT devices, machine parts.
- Get all job work done from NCR as per strategic decisions of company for different jobs.
- Manage warehouse, material handling, MHE, Insurance claims for damaged of goods.
- Liaison with Custom Department, Excise Department, DGFT (for advance license).
- Manage Transporters and their fleet conditions, on time delivery, monitor all trucks by GPS tracking system.
- Maintain relations with ICD, APM, Shipping lines.
- Face department audits by KPMG, E&Y and PwC every quarter.
- Train team on SAP and ensure that all day to day entries in SAP are accurate.
Oct 2004 - Sep 2010
Technical Head / HOD Purchase
Sankei Giken India Pvt
- ►First 3 year being technical head I was responsible for:-
- New products development including sub-assemblies at vendor end, raw material selection as per specifications laid by customer.
- After approval form customer bring parts to mass production, develop mass production tooling, MHE, manpower development.
- Being maintenance head I had to train all operators for machine handling and general maintenance, develop preventive maintenance schedule ensure all machines were maintained as per schedule, handle breakdowns.
- Being QC head I had to train vendors for zero defect production, SQA, In-house quality control, PDI and customer complaints if any.
- ►For next 3 years I was centralized purchase head. During this period I was responsible for:-
- Develop vendors for matching BOP requirements.
- Import and source locally the special materials like SUS 409L, SUS436, SAID80, Electroplating chemicals etc.
- Purchase raw material from TATA steel, Jindal, Bhushan, Kuma, Honda trading, Posco etc.
- Purchase CAPEX like Robots, SPMs, CNC pipe bending machines, Jigs, Fixtures, Gauges etc.
- Achieve cost reduction targets which were accepted by me in strategic annual meeting.
- Optimize supply chain to ensure that right material reaches at right time at right place.
- Ensure JIT delivery for all ‘Class A’ parts (heavy, big, high value) , make schedule for all other parts, and Ensure delivery for all other parts as per schedule.
- Develop parallel sources for critical parts.
- Responsible for Material storage, minimum inventory, Zero handling loss, movement control, nomenclature, ‘trolleys & bins’ design and availability etc.
- Zero minute line stoppage because of material shortage.
Jul 2002 - Sep 2004
- Work as team member on new product “WAVE TRAP” development.
- Ensure all the parts related to new development reaches factory in good condition and right time.
- Develop sub-assemblies as per drawing.
- Assist Project head in development activities like making Project plan, deciding time lines.
- Monitor all activities go as per time line and keep project head updated.
- Monitor cost of the project remains in the decided limits, raise alarm if it shoots plan more than 10%.
- Make and Circulating MOMs for all meetings held between Project head, me and other team.
- Assist project head in manufacturing and testing of WAVE TRAP.
- Meet new suppliers to get better quality products for new product development and reduce raw material cost.
- Ensure that all the drawings are kept in safe custody and are issued to authorize person only.