Responsible for analyzing user requirements; researching, designing and writing new software programs; testing new programs and fault finding; evaluating the software and systems that make computers and hardware work; developing existing programs by analyzing and identifying areas for modification; integrating existing software products and getting incompatible platforms to work together; creating technical specifications and test plans; writing and testing code and then refining and rewriting as necessary; writing operational documentation with technical authors; maintaining systems by monitoring and correcting software defects; working closely with other staff, such as project managers, graphic artists, UX designers, other developers, systems analysts and sales and marketing professionals; investigating new technologies.
- Successfully devised, solution architected, and implemented commercial products:
- DORS, Dynamic Optimal Routing System, to automate Mud Control Systems. Patent pending on DORS.
- ARMS, Advance Resource Management System.
- Mud simulator and tools.
- Awarded the Innovation of the Year for DORS in NOV global.
- Commissioned DORS successfully on four Maersk rigs and one Stena rig.