First Grade Teacher
Godfrey Lee Early Childhood Center - Godfrey Lee Public Schools
- Instruct, guide and assess students using various curriculum-based lessons according to the Common Core, State and District Benchmarks
- Implement a balanced literacy program through the use of MAISA CCRS units, Lucy Calkins Writing Project, Readers Workshop, Guided Reading, Word Study and individual student conferring
- Use Georgia Math to teach differentiated math talks and manipulative-based math instruction
- Administer assessments to guide and differentiate instruction (Running Records, STAR Testing, Dolch Sight Words, DIBELs, WIDA Testing)
- Maintain a classroom website ( www.stasiakspace.weebly.com ) and Seesaw accounts used by parents and students
- Maintain a positive learning environment where students feel comfortable to try new things, work with others, make mistakes and exhibit talents. Parents are encouraged to come in and be involved in our classroom.
- Design a learning space that caters to students (i.e. flexible seating, various writing surfaces, natural lighting).
- Implement an after school coding/programming/reading club for 1st and 2nd graders
- Organize and host The Cardboard Challenge Carnival during which my first graders collaborated with high school students
- Serve on the School Improvement Team, Human Center Design Committee, Parent Involvement Committee and Math Curriculum Committee to discuss and evaluate current and future systems affecting the school.
- Plan and implement weekly STEAM lessons
- Implement Hour of Code technology/programming lessons
- Implement a Global Competency mini unit by using Google Hangout to communicate with a first grade class in Hawaii
- Integrate Culture of Thinking Routines and Visible Thinking Maps into daily instruction
- Present at RebelU (district-wide professional development) on web development, Genius Hour and the Maker Movement