Many self-written CVs and résumés fail to get interviews because the job seeker cannot be objective about their achievements, personal characteristics, and value to potential employers.I create a variety of effective job hunting documents, such as CVs, cover letters, and résumés. If you want to write your own documents, I offer a free downloadable information package, which includes helpful hints. In addition, the website features links to recommended job boards, books, software, and other resources for the job seeker.My goal is to provide clients with a CV that maximises (or a résumé that maximizes) their chances of getting to the interview stage of their job search.
Jun 1999 - Present
CV and Resume Writer & LinkedIn Profile Writer
For job seekers in the UK, Europe, and worldwide, I create a variety of job hunting documents, including
- CVs and résumés in chronological, functional, or combination formats.
- cover letters to accompany a CV or résumé submission, including letters to recruitment agencies or companies, letters responding to advertisements, letters written speculatively to recruitment agencies or companies, and letters or statements of support for graduate trainee positions and internships.
- letters and letter templates for various scenarios, including letters to thank an interviewer after an interview (and to control the damage if the interview did not go well), to request feedback after rejection, to resign from a job, to accept a job offer, and to decline a job offer.
- reference sheets that include additional information about the job seeker's relationship to the referee.
- three electronic formats for the final documents - MS Word documents; Adobe .pdf files; and plain text .txt files for e-mailing and for copying and pasting into online forms.