Senior Managing Director, Corporate Marketing
Built a competitive brand image to improve the firm’s profile and performance in key markets worldwide. Reported to the CFO and worked directly with the firm’s senior management committee. Directed a staff of 50 covering New York, London and Tokyo to deliver a comprehensive and cross-functional Marketing Communications program to fit the firm’s global business needs.
- Successfully captured in a single, centralized group the dedicated resources to deliver the highest quality, cost effective communications, corporate and business group marketing literature, advertising, events, and sponsorships.
- Sharpened the firm’s external image by developing consistent and coordinated marketing efforts, improved client-facing programs and new initiatives to elevate the brand picture.
- Extended the brand around the world with marketing and advertising programs designed to establish the firm’s business depth, breadth and strength.
- Positioned the firm as a competitive player with niche sponsorships such as “The Bear Stearns Tournament of Champions Squash” – an in-demand client program.
- Delivered high-content corporate events around the world to deepen relationships.
- To reach the firm’s high net worth clients created an original advertising golf property – “The Bear Stearns Golf Tip of the Week” – as well as adding value at venues such as the Masters.
- Conceptualized and produced entrepreneurial marketing strategies and programs for key businesses in competitive markets.
- Enhanced employee engagement through a re-launch of the Bear in Mind newsletter with upgraded content and leadership participation, which also served as a recruiting tool.