Communications professional with expertise in web design, content management and print, leading the internet strategic initiatives for one of the schools of the University of Pennsylvania. Achieved success collaborating with all levels of the organization to deliver expected outcomes. Particular expertise includes:• Project management and design.• Online communication strategies utilizing new media.• Usability, training and customer service.
Apr 2012 - Present
- Oversee all aspects of the web presence for the Goodwin College of Professional Studies and the School of Education utilizing RSS, XML, and PHP markup languages.
- As a member of the marketing team, collaborate with marketing and University Communications on advertising efforts to increase student enrollment via the web site.
- Improve search engine optimization and usability.
- Develop and maintain future and current web site.
- Conduct usabillity tests and collaborate with team to build information architecture.
- Produce web analytics reports.
- Build and edit forms.
Nov 2009 - Apr 2012
- Develop, maintain Internet/intranet web sites for client groups;organize large quantities of information.
- Utilize primarily Web-based publishing technologies.
- Design layouts that adhere to the clients' aesthetic and organizational needs, follow the rules of good UI design, and are standards-compliant.
- Collaborate on social media initiatives,Twitter and Facebook.
- Produce videos and post to web.
- Retrieve data, analyze statistics and produce reports. Work with vendors.
- Report on performance of the web site, including traffic statistics and performance.
Jan 2001 - Nov 2009
Electronic Publisher, Sr. Training Specialist and Content Coordinator
School of Veterinary Medicine
Web Content Coordinator; Oct. 2006 - Present.
- Manage multiple projects and understand the "big picture" regarding communications.
- Coordinate organization and communication for 1500 page web site redesign and installation of content management system for two campuses and two hospitals.
- Create web banners, web pages and print materials.
- Design content for touch-screen electronic kiosk.
- Conduct usability testing.
- Produce multimedia web slide shows and video.
- Launch social networking web sites.
School of Medicine Office of Human Research
Sr. Training Specialist; Oct. 2005 - Oct. 2006.
- Coordinate speaker series for continuing medical education, includes public speaking.
- Redesign web site.
- Create online tools, interfacing with programmer.
- Develop prototype for online training.
School of Medicine Information Services
Electronic Publisher; Jan. 2001 - Oct. 2005.
- Coordinate electronic publishing projects.
- Design and develop over twenty Penn Med web sites.
- Create branding and web identity.
- Information architecture planning for interactive web projects, interfacing with programmers.
- Conduct training for clients.
- Utilize W3C standards and cross-browser compatibility.
Apr 2000 - Dec 2000
Publications Coordinator and Web Master
- Take active control of all aspects of publication of study abroad catalogs with tight deadline.
- Successfully deliver catalogs for fall recruitment fairs.
- Update web site.
- Create and place web and print advertising.
(Temporary employment for a maternity leave.)
Dec 1996 - Apr 2000
Graphic Designer and Illustrator
- Create graphics for packaging field.
- Produce illustrations for marketing focus groups.
- Produce prototypes for new products.
- Illustrate famous cartoon character, "Vlasik Stork" for in-store display.