Marketing Designer, Print and Web Media
Manufacturer of specialized lighting products for both commercial and industrial applications. With over $60 million in sales, Kenall is well known in the lighting industry for customized products to fit any requirement, from healthcare and cleanroom containment to extremely durable, vandal-proof security detention lighting. One of top three manufacturers in the US and Canada for correctional/security detention lighting. First full time designer hired to organize digital media library, and coordinate all printed and web media within the organization. Role molded into becoming responsible for brand continuity and redesign of brand identity, maintaining all web-related information and website, and key liaison between engineering and marketing departments.
- Spearheaded the complete redesign of Kenall’s corporate website (launching May 2012). Project managed timeline, provided design concepts to be implemented by outside web developer, gathered all necessary files to be used within site (images, literature, engineering files), directed CSS design for developer, maintained project timelines, coordinated multiple internal and external sources, in charge of multiple meetings involving the President, Vice Presidents, Directors and department heads to establish overall look, usability, and obtain approvals for design and wireframes from all stakeholders.
- Orchestrated alpha and beta user testing for redesigned website, reporting errors back to developer, and making edits in the Product Information Management system (PIM) and CMS (Titan).
- Organized digital media library – compiling all photographs, engineering drawings, developing naming convention from 3 external backup drives and 3 Mac-based computers archived from previous 10+ years. Determined logical naming convention for all file types, organization of file structure, and trained all Marketing employees on theory of development to ensure correct usage moving forward.
- Developed new procedures for literature design, utilizing InDesign and file linkage to make automatic updates within books created, reducing the number of updates required, and amount of duplicate work.
- Designed all HTML e-mails to field agents and tradeshow attendees, re-designed HTML template to match new branding. In charge of web analytics using Google to generate reports for Director, and analyzing reports to help drive new design of website, enhancing overall user experience.
- Coordinated all web development work with outside contractor to execute design changes as required to existing website and help with transition to new site functionality.
- Suggested cost-saving initiatives for producing print media as digital PDF’s and creating interactive PDF’s for all web customers. Investigated more efficient ways of saving files and creative interactive files.
- Pursued outside software training in order to keep design work in-house versus using outside contractors to maintain budget.
- Worked hand-in-hand with engineering to design new product launch materials – specification sheets, brochures, product selection guides, installation sheets, tradeshow booth graphics, agent meeting materials, agent sample kits, sell sheets and social media/web-related content.
- Charged with training all employees in the department on procedures of Marketing, product knowledge, software applications, as well as delegating workload for web and print. Became mentor to our summer interns (3), to teach them about Kenall, the lighting industry, design and marketing.
- Attended multiple IES (Illuminating Engineering Society) training events to become certified in introductory lighting, including IES standards for lighting, creating polar plots, interpreting lighting reports, lighting design