While working in the Internet Development Group, I owned all aspects of e-mail newsletter and e-marketing campaigns. This included scheduling, scoping, strategizing, content development, editorial reviews, design, and statistical analysis. Responsibilities extended to: hard coding e-mails, creating templates, (HTML/CSS), interpreting and reporting on statistical analysis of all e-mail campaigns, segmenting databases in order to increase response rate, targeting specific audiences, and serving as technical liaise with vendor. Teamed with designers and Managing editors, to create brand awareness and campaign guidelines to ensure that our global studios executed all campaigns consistently across multiple platforms and continents.
- I managed vendor evaluation project for new e-mail campaign management software with Epsilon Interactive- Facilitated the creative development and production process for international E-newsletter campaigns in our Canadian and Australian offices.
- Maintained several key sections of Harpercollins.com via CMS, web project management, graphic design, and HTML coding
- Coordinated daily with online marketing managers, editors, the IT team, legal, and our VP of Global Marketing to establish campaign goals, functional definition, creative guidance, audience definition, schedules, and performance metrics- Ensured timely delivery, follow-up, and implementation of updates to our delivery system to guarantee strategic technologies were in place Sourced and managed copywriters, designers, developers, and photographers. Provided production oversight, quality control, and established brand standards to ensure consistent messaging/tone across platforms
- Demonstrated personal initiative and knowledge of new technology trends that led to the creation of this position.
- Conducted strategic marketing research that resulted in electronic focus groups to identify trends
- E-newsletters were responsible for an average 33% increase in all HarperCollins Web site traffic
E-mail subscribers increased across 20 channels from 4000 to 467,000 upon my departure with increased average email response rates from 2-3% to 6%. I also contributed to the documentation of best practices and processes and continuously found ways to improve the quality of services.