Mar 2012 - Mar 2014
Technical Project Manager
Artech Information Systems
- Implemented methods and procedures concerning AT&T systems’ interaction with U-verse orders for AT&T Care UCSDC/OMC business unit. Created order fallout procedures that helped agents optimize customer experience.
- Managed projects of major IT releases throughout the project life cycle. Conducted complete project implementation analysis. Assisted in managing testing activities. Managed and monitored system issues and resolution. Facilitated meetings and conducted requirements analysis.
- Identified and implemented escalation process flow with IT and other support groups. Recommended process improvement to cross functional teams.
- Collaborated with training teams to develop online classes and training programs for internal users.
Sep 2009 - Mar 2012
- Managed a team consisting of in-house production support staff and 3rd party contractors. Supported AT&T Lightspeed U-Verse including production support, software release, and planning.
- Handled AT&T U-Verse Ordering (OMS) fallouts, IPTV, HSIA, and Telephone Number Provisioning issues. Collaborated cross functional teams for order flow through.
- Maintained client relationship, monitored escalations, and implemented service level agreements.
- Managed quality control and coordinated work between workgroups.
- Assisted in deployment activities, participated in go/no go decisions, and executed on all plans. Assisted in project closures, closed out schedule/budget/contracts, and conducted lessons learned post mortems.
Jul 2007 - Sep 2009
Sr. Technical Team Lead
- Responsible for Lightspeed U-Verse OMS Fallout team process, team productivity, client escalation, exception resolutions, routing rules, M&Ps, and metrics.
- Managed process improvement with internal teams as well as external business clients and leaders. Revised steps and decisions involved in resolving U-Verse order fallouts to improve customer satisfaction.
- Measured team productivity and support level by implementing measuring reports and metrics. Weekly utilization reports and metrics were generated for continual performance improvement.
- Defined service level agreement with business peer groups. Evaluated measurable target values for team performance. Handled service quality control and managed client complaints.
- Worked with IT Tools and Exception Manager Application teams for functionality enhancement, rules alternation, and table update options.
- Tracked production defects that had IT Fallout impact. Worked with various IT groups to ensure root cause was identified and resolved.
- Participated in U-Verse system upgrade onsite customer support to assist client groups with pre- and post-implementation tasks.
- Managed knowledge retention by collecting up-to-date information of exception handling including M&Ps and training documents used by internal teams.
Jul 2004 - Jul 2007
Sr It Manager
- Led and supervised the Enabler Tables team to support Marketing organizations on Cingular business requirements for next generation billing of data services on Enabler billing system. Managed specific functional responsibility to develop and maintain Cingular’s Pricing and Reference Tables data on Enabler.
- Worked with client organizations and application groups on business strategies with regard to Cingular product offering. Involved in the discussion of Enabler implementation and conversion, and identified implementation issues. Coordinated, tracked, and monitored Enabler project development. Participated in design, build, test, and implementation on Enabler system.
- Performed functions including liaisons among Marketing, Amdocs Tables, Telegence Tables, CARE Tables, and Revenue Assurance groups. Coordinated to create Data Offers (SMS, MMS, GPRS) in Enabler Product Catalog for Blue and Orange networks. Coordinated to maintain Enabler Reference Tables based on the business rules. Provided QA support with Telegence Price Plan/SOC setup to support Enabler QA testing.
Oct 2000 - Jul 2004
Sr. Business Manager
- Worked with Cingular Tables team to implement Voice and Data pricing requests by assessing business risks, translating business System Implementation requests, prioritizing work, developing work plans, directing plan activities, and tracking team progress.
- Worked with client organizations and application groups on business strategies with regard to Pricing implementation. Assisted business clients in defining new services on new technologies and functionalities.
- Worked with Enabler, PRM, Kintana project teams, and Amdocs developers on the development of alternative solutions to business/system proposals and the implementation of the new applications.
- Participated in new functionality development process. Worked as liaison to the business clients, IT Program Office, Project Managers, and IT Development groups as a SME on Cingular initiatives.
- Participated in Telegence version upgrade. Worked as Tables SME in user acceptance test, system functionality implementation, and production support.
- Collaborated with Production Tables and other IT groups on IT Tables-related projects to complete Oracle table update on Telegence.
Apr 1994 - Oct 2000
Sr. Programmer Analyst
Southwestern Bell Telecommunications Inc
- Led a team of six Sr. Programmer/Analysts in providing support and development for Customer Premises Equipment and Treasury applications on AS/400 including AP, GL, IV, OE, TR, and Payment Reconciliation.
- Responsible for various activities associated with the development and the support of Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) using Harbinger EDI400. Worked in partnership with Nortel Network, Lucent, North Supply, GE, Graybar, Microage, Maingate, and Op Tech in exchanging electronic documents including Purchase Orders and invoices.
- Managed projects and resources including tasks associated with SNET merger, Pacific Bell Merger, SWB Telephone AP merger, AS/400 system migration, and SBC Y2K Readiness.
- Responsible for creating interface between eLink and AS/400 Time Reporting System.
- Performed all phases of System Development Life Cycle including client requirements analysis, system design, coding, testing, implementation, documentation, and training.
- Implemented IS Methodology, developed Project Management tool, and worked with CMM process group to comply with CMM Level 2.
Oct 1992 - Apr 1994
Sr. Programmer Analyst
Westcott Communications, Inc
- Interfaced with business unit staff to analyze business needs, estimate time and cost, defined user requirements, design software programs specifications, programming, testing, documentation, user training and maintenance.
- Developed and implemented Interactive Education System.
- Interconnected with RS/6000 Direct Talk Voice Response Unit to update AS/400 database.
- Worked directly with clients to define user requirements and to define and meet their decision support and data access requirements.
Jan 1990 - Oct 1992
- Converted and migrated financial packages from IBM S/36 to AS/400. Handled customer on site support on AS/400 and software conversion from S/38 to AS/400.
- Modified LOIS AP, GL, Package Deal AP, HR, Payroll, and AR on AS/400.
- Completed Application Tracking System design, project management, documentation, implementation plans, and user support.
Oct 1988 - Jan 1990
Para Research, Inc
- Developed Accounts Payable on IBM S/36. Converted GL from S/36 to AS/400.
- Maintained and modified the modules for financial system including A/P, G/L, and Payroll. Developed financial demonstration packages for Marketing.
Aug 1983 - May 1986
Sep 1974 - May 1979
National Taiwan University
- 10+ years IT Development
- 14+ years Production Support and Project/Process Management
- 10+ years Team Management