Deborah Stuard serves as the training director for Dartfish video analysis software. Her strong consulting and organization skills enhance her instruction. She shares her passion for education with her students to increase their enthusiasm for learning. Deborah enjoys travelling and meeting new people. In her spare time, she and her husband enjoy hiking, cycling and skiing in the beautiful mountains of Colorado.
Jul 2012 - Feb 2015
Bachelor of Science (B.S.)
Educational degree in Instructional Design & Technology - Magna Cum Laude
Sep 1979 - Dec 1980
University of Houston
Majored in Music Education and performed in Concert Chorale
Jan 2005 - Present
Director of Training
Dartfish is a world-wide leader in video analysis software to improve movement and performance in sports, education and physical therapy. Primary responsibilities include:
- Designs and maintains a Learning Management System to certify and test video technologists in all workflow applications to meet business strategies
- Trains coaches, professors, physical therapists, biomechanists and athletes on the use of a video analysis software to analyze movement for performance enhancement
- Teaches video software techniques such as proper camera angles, connecting and selecting equipment, utilizing live feedback during practice, creating Simulcam and Stromotion videos, tagging video for tendencies, applying video timers, angles and measurement tools, extracting data from video with datatables, interfacing data to overlay on video to measure force and velocity or heart rate, and organizing video databases
- Conducts online webinar training for all new customers in the greater North America time zones
- Develops training materials, Power Points and videos for group workshops or one-on-one training
- Directs and coordinates live interactive workshops and onsite custom training throughout North America for professional development
- Creates video websites for universities, professional and amateur teams and national governing bodies of sports as well as Olympic teams. Consult for App development such as USTA, HITT and NSCA educational Apps
Sep 2009 - Jul 2015
Colorado State University-Pueblo
Taught Video Technology class for students on the use of video analysis applications for both technical and tactical evaluation using Dartfish software. This course is an elective through the EXPH department. Currently designing e-learning course for graduate program.
Oct 2001 - Feb 2007
Play at the Bullpen
Built and operated an Indoor baseball facility. Play at the Bullpen boasted more than 26,000 sq. feet of indoor sports complex including a field, four batting cages, pitching lanes and practice lanes. Responsible for hiring, training and talent development of managers and staff. Client Memberships include teams or individuals with access to indoor fitness center and pro shop. Camps, leagues, showcases and lessons were offered to the public. Dartfish video analysis was utilized for instant feedback, private lessons and college showcase videos. Pro shop included custom uniforms and a full line of equipment. Developed an e-commerce store for the baseball and software equipment. Designed the website and promotional materials. Set-up accounting software for scheduling, sales and HR payroll. Once our twins graduated, we sold the real estate.
Sep 1990 - May 2000
Music Teacher & Children's Choir Coordinator
Zulch ISD K-12 and Madisonville FBC
Inspired young singers to find their voice and rhythm in music. Prepared lesson plans for age appropriate objectives. Conducted numerous elementary choirs. Arranged casting and directing of musicals. Taught music theory and basic instrument orchestration in both an elementary K-12 school district and a weekly church ministry. Administrated and empowered a group of thirty volunteer group leaders and directors to understand pedagogy and musical age-appropriate learning progression for more than 300 children, 3 to 12 years-of-age.
Jan 1984 - Jan 1989
First Legal Administrator for Houston branch office. Responsible for hiring, training and professional development for secretarial and clerical staff. Office managerial responsibilities included planning, build-outs, moves and technology support of interoffice communications and video-conferencing. During my tenure the firm expanded from five staff to 150 in the Houston branch office of this Dallas-based firm.
EDIT3002: Dartfish software allows you to integrate statistical charting into video and share the "why behind the numbers". Dartfish is the ultimate "Money Ball" tool!
EIDT3004 PE Metrics Textbook shows the effectiveness of objective visual assessments for age appropriate movement skills. Dartfish shows you an easy way to capture, document and share videos in a large group setting.
Dartfish Express App coupled with a Dartfish tv channel allows you to capture video, teach and analyze and share easily online.