An accomplished marketing professional with a proven track record for implementing marketing plans and strengthening client relationships that have resulted in positive brand awareness both with traditional media and social media.
Single handed created Hudson Valley Wine Country.org branding and put Hudson Valley Wine Country on the map!
Jan 2007 - Present
- Created blog to educate people on wine. Emphasis on Hudson Valley Wine and the promotion of the Hudson Valley Wine Region.
- Blog has now grown to include wines and wine regions of the world.
- Blog Hosting on Poughkeepsie Journal www.hvwinegoddess.blogspot.com
- Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com/hvwinegoddes
- Hudson Valley Wine Goddess on Facebook
- Created Hudson Valley Wine TV
- Hudson Valley Wine Goddess on Pinterest
- Hudson Valley Wine Goddess on Google +
- Developed blog and the spokesperson for Hudson Valley Wine Magazine's Celebration of Hudson Valley Art and Wine.
- Social media consultant for Hudson Valley Restaurant Week 2011,2012
- Wine tastings and education - Uncork Your Mind wine classes
- Host and creator of the podcast "Uncork Your Mind."
Apr 2008 - Present
HV Wine & Spirits Competition Chair
- Arranging venue for competition.
- Forming partnerships with the local community.
- Designing competition entry forms and entry categories.
- Seeking out and Inviting qualified judges in the wine, restaurant or liquor business.
- Seeking out back room staff
- Labeling entries
- Designing flights for competition
- Organizing judging panels
- Assigning flights to panel of judges
- Recording and computing scores
Apr 2011 - Present
It all began with a tweet. That brought two acquaintances together for a journey to follow their dreams. Keryl Pesce, the author of "Happy Bitch" tweeted "What do you think about a Happy Bitch Wine." Debbie Gioquindo aka "Hudson Valley Wine Goddess" responded "Why don't you make it locally with NY sourced grapes" The two met for coffee and became partners - six months later they gave birth to their first vintage "Happy Bitch Rose."
Through social media efforts lead by Debbie, Happy Bitch has received mentions in many publications such as The New York Times, Bloomberg Business, Hudson Valley Wine Magazine, The Valley Table and Hudson Valley Magazine.
Creating sales and awareness through many distribution channels along with community relations is one of the key elements in driving the brand.
Responsibilities include Chief taste tester and quality control of product. Director of Marketing and Social Media that is driving the brand.
Jun 2013 - Jun 2013
Judge for the Ultimate Wine Challenge June 2013. Judging various wines of the world: red, white, rose, sparkling, port, sherry and sake.
Feb 2011 - Nov 2012
Social Media Consultant
Social Media Consultant for Hudson Valley Restaurant Week. Maintaining all the social media profiles leading up to and during Hudson Valley Restaurant Week. Created Valley Table on Pinterest. Creator of the Hudson Valley Restaurant Week Chat #hvrw on twitter. Advise Valley Table on marketing and social media for Restaurant Week.
Apr 2008 - Apr 2011
Part-time position creating regional branding for Hudson Valley Wine Country with matching funds that were made possible for 2008/9 by the Shawangunk Wine Trail, Dutchess Wine Trail and the NY Wine & Grape Foundation. Developed website, rack cards, table top display and launch event that was held at the conclusion of the NY Wine & Food Classic wine competition in August.
Ongoing responsibilities included:
- maintaining facebook and twitter accounts
- monthly newsletter distribution.
- Communicating with wineries, designing promotions and community relations.
- Attending trade shows to promote the wine region.
- Organizing the 25 wineries in the region to take hold of the regional branding.
- Created programs like "Winter in Wine Country" to attract visitors to the wineries during the off season.
- Get samples sent out to publications and wine competitions.
- Attend trade shows promoting the region
Responsible for bringing awareness and putting the Hudson Valley Wine Region on the map!
Apr 2010 - Feb 2011
Content Manager/Social Media Specialist
- Develop Corporate Blog and work with department head on content and contributors
- Monitor all social media landscape using Radian 6 software and other tools
- Manage content for KidPower site on Facebook and twitter
- Manage company twitter account
- Work with Sales Innovation to develop broker blog
- Manage PitchEngine account for press releases and virally manage the releases
- Support MVP's strategy and use of social media
- Execute social media strategy across social media platforms
- Manage and implement social media activities
- Train co-workers on social media
- Distribute and market Dave Oliker's blog - Health Care Perspectives
- Think out of the box to enhance MVP's position in the social media platform
1986 - 1991
- Creating radio marketing plans for clients and time placement.
- Copy writing.
- Selling advertising time, arranging and billing co-op.
- Accounting: A/R; A/P; GL; Payroll
1990 - 1996
Designed, presented, and executed travel plans for clients.
1996 - 1998
Designed, presented, and executed travel plans for clients.
1997 - 1999
Ask the Travel Agent
Have Children Will Travel
Jan 1998 - Jan 2009
Certified Travel Counselor/ Owner
Advertising- creating advertising campaigns for a local and national market. Working with local and regional B&B’s to create packages to bring clients to the area for events. Working with national vendors for coop advertising. Creating ads for print and Internet mediums. Update of niche travel website with current trips and promotions. Writing press releases.
Media Buying- Working with local and national
media outlets, negotiating rates for advertising in print, radio and Internet. Creating press releases to generate complimentary stories in local and regional papers.
Internet marketing through Overture, google ad words and other sites both fee services and free services.
Client Relations- Working clients in creating itineraries that fit their needs and expectations. Executing travel arrangements for clients through suppliers that meet there specific needs. Follow up when travel is complete.
Newsletter- Create and distribute electronic monthly and biweekly newsletters to subscribers generated via Internet and client base.
Developed subsidiary company Exclusive Wine Vacations which main focus is to send people to the wine regions of the world.
Jan 2006 - Jul 2010
Marketing and Public Relations Consultant
- Designed marketing plan for events. Increased event attendance by 50%
- Branded the trail GUNKS WINE and redirected url to www.gunkswine.com
- Design and write both print and radio ads.
- Designed and direct all advertising in order to successfully promote the wine trail in the most cost effective manner possible
- Designed, write and update media press kit.
- Design and send out monthly newsletter
- Ran logo contest on 99designs for new trail logo
- Arrange for members of the press to visit.
- Design flyers for events.
- Liaison between the trail and the New York Wine & Grape Foundation
- Coordinating all co-op
- Developed Trail Blog www.gunkswine.blogspot.com
- Created and maintain Ning www.gunkswine.ning.com
- Created and maintain Shawangunk Wine Trail Facebook Page
- Evaluate ticketing systems for wine trail
- Purchase and evaluate all advertising for trail. Print, Direct Mail, Radio, Internet Ads
- Applied for and received a $5000 Grant to be used for video marketing
- Attend Consumer Trade Shows
- Responsible for bringing awareness and putting the Hudson Valley Wine Region on the map!
(part time position)
Apr 2007 - Apr 2010
Community Relations Coordinator
- Evaluate & coordinate regional Corporate Giving efforts to include direct corporate sponsorships & in-kind donations.
- Responsible for planning & implementing sponsorships & CRevents
- Establish & maintain relationships with community organizations & business
- Coordinate Live Well grant program
- Coordinate Appleby Mascot appearances
- Approve MVP Team participation requests (organized 501c3 NFP events)
- Represent MVP at networking events and act as a liaison to community leaders and Chambers of Commerce.
- Represent and speak on MVP’s behalf at press conferences
- Seek, create and develop sponsorship opportunities for MVP that are on brand
- Represent MVP at regional trade shows
- In charge of a yearly budget over $100,000
- Networking with community and local chambers to create sales leads and marketing opportunities
- Strategic communications to the community and media
- Strategic Brand placement
- Brand management
- Created program with Dutchess County Renegades to offer special packages to MVP members through group sales to selected games.A micro site was created for members to purchase tickets online.
- Awarded the United Way a grant for their Born Learning Trail.Presented and spoke at a press conference September 2008.
- Created a social media strategy for company and its brands
- Develop social media campaign with Hudson Valley Renegades to gain fans and followers to benefit both MVP and Renegades
- Created MVP Health Care Linked In Company group.Assisted HR in posting to the group.Created HR Twitter account for job postings
- Instrumental in the development of MVP Kidpower Facebook site