- § An accomplished executive with 25+ years experience in retail and wholesale footwear merchandising, sales, sales management, and business planning.
- § Proven leader with demonstrated success developing high potential people.
- § Highly effective relationship builder/influencer capable of motivating people toward results.
- § Recognized as an analytical/critical thinker who can plan, implement and execute against goals.
- § Knowledge and expertise of targeted marketplace and consumer; understand product, merchandise and marketing.
- § Ability to communicate complex ideas via excellent verbal and written skills across all business lines and levels of people.
- § Adept at converting strategic initiatives into real and tangible results.
- § Ability to work cross-functionally with internal partners to achieve corporate strategic goals.
Glory Chen International, San Francisco, CA
Vice President Sales and Marketing 2006-12/31/2008
Entrepreneurial team member in strategizing start-up women's footwear brand(s); Glory Chen and JOY Chen
with particular focus on sales and product merchandising and operations
Key senior decision-maker for all aspects of the company's strategic plans, business direction, product launches, brand development with PR and media efforts while opening two retail stores in May/June 2008. Spearheaded location, staffing, and media plans while managing wholesale trade shows and building customer relationships.
- Introduced, developed and positioned JOY Chen, bridge line while managing distribution expectations for Glory Chen
- Grew volume for zero to over $1 million in first year by applying proper disciplines in planning and executing strategies based on fundamental business practices.
Cole Haan, Yarmouth, ME 1992-2006Director of National Sales Women's Footwear
Managed and directed all channels of distribution across United States.
Responsible for fiscal budgets relating to all sales initiatives.
Executed business plans for Inside Sales Initiative, independent distribution plan, strategic account plans,
3-5 year growth plans with key strategic partners.Key Accomplishments
- § Directed and promoted four Strategic Account Managers--Nordstrom's, Dillard's, Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue, Bloomingdale's.
- § Grew revenue from $48M to $106M while controlling fiscal budgets.
- § Developed professional sales force for strategic and territory accounts--total 18.
- § Key contributor to expanding CH Women's footwear and accessories branded business--exceeded men's business 1993.
- § Implemented and executed key product initiatives for Nike Air, G series, Dress Air. Built Air business to $53M.
- § Developed comprehensive tool for assortment planning, product and revenue forecasting.
- § Grew independent wholesale business from $11M to $18M in three years.
- § Grew Neiman Marcus stores and direct business from $4.6M to $6.4M in two years.
Emporium Capwell, San Francisco, CA 1984-1992Divisional Merchandise Manager
Volume responsibility 90M--Men's and Women's Footwear.
Managed and directed ten buyers/assistants.
Managed consolidations of Broadway Stores, Weinstock Stores.
Buyer--Junior Shoes ($10M)
Dayton Hudson Department Store Company, Minneapolis, MN 1979-1984
Assistant Buyer--ShoesAssistant Buyer--American Designer and Better Sportswear