Founded Window Dressings, Kaneville, IL a custom soft furnishings business located in Chicago's Western suburbs. Built a national reputation for cutting edge couture window treatments and soft furnishings whose specialty is finding creative solutions for challenging design problems. As an entrepreneur executed all functions of the business- marketing, sales, project management, financials, as well as acting as project manager, client liaison and specifier to high end interior designers. Ability to conceptualize project from very beginning and to turn into reality on time and on budget. Exceptional understanding of all aspects of on the design process with expertise in specifying concise purchase orders, work orders, and change orders.
- Managed design, marketing, production, sales and distribution
- Developed brand from start-up stage and create brand vision
- Analyzed sales and develop appropriate product and service strategies
- Earned positive reputation for meeting time lines and specific goals for each design project
- Secured client's design approval by evaluating existing layouts, understanding and generating aesthetic ideas based on diverse client's needs ; discussing requirements in detail with clients, and setting project schedules; sketching/presenting appropriate product selections
- Consistently prepared clear and concise material lists and specifications
- Negotiated project fees
- Researching, recording and analysing information\
- Collaborated with other designers regarding project needs such as specifications and contract documents.