A DYNAMIC PROFESSIONAL WITH 10 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE IN IT INDUSTRY. LOOKING FOR TEST MANAGER/SENIOR BUSINESS ANALYST ROLE PREFERABLY IN BANKING & FINANCIAL SERVICES DOMAIN
Feb 2016 - Present
Managers - Projects
Cognizant Technology Solutions
Aug 2015 - Jan 2016
Tata Consultancy Services
Project : Commercial Data Management
Client : Amgen Inc
Duration : Aug 2015 to Present
Location: Kolkata, India (Offshore)
Domain: Life Science
The project involves implementation of Master Data Management Solution in the European Amgen Commercial Sales and Marketing Environment so that a consolidated MDM Hub or repository can be established.The project also implements ODS/CDI Hub for the European Amgen Commercial Sales and Marketing environment so that the stakeholders can be provided with a mastered and validated operational platform for reporting and analytics
- Understand the testing effort by analyzing the requirements of project.
- Estimate and obtain management support for the time, resources and budget required to perform the testing.
- Organize the testing kick-off meeting
- Define the Strategy
- Build a testing team of professionals with appropriate skills, attitudes and motivation.
- Identify Training requirements and forward it to the Project Manager (Technical and Soft skills).
- Develop the test plan for the tasks, dependencies and participants required to mitigate the risks to system quality and obtain stakeholder support for this plan.
- Arrange the Hardware and software requirement for the Test Setup.
- Assign task to all Testing Team members and ensure that all of them have sufficient work in the project.
- Ensure content and structure of all Testing documents / artifacts is documented and maintained.
- Document, implement, monitor, and enforce all processes for testing as per standards defined by the organization.
- Check / Review the Test Cases documents.
- Keep track of the new requirements / change in requirements of the Project.
- Escalate the issues about project requirements (Software, Hardware, Resources) to Project Manager / Sr. Test Manager.
- Organize the status meetings and send the Status Report (Daily, Weekly etc.) to the Client
- Attend the regular client call and discuss the weekly status with the client.
- Communication with the Client
- Act as the single point of contact between Development and Testers.
- Track and prepare the report of testing activities like test testing results, test case coverage, required resources, defects discovered and their status, performance baselines etc.
- Review various reports prepared by Test engineers.
- Ensure the timely delivery of different testing milestones.
- Prepares / updates the metrics dashboard at the end of a phase or at the completion of project.
Oct 2011 - Aug 2015
Tata Consultancy Services
Projects: B2B Upgrade, Optical Character Recognition, Genworth Infrastructure Upgrade, eSolve (Legacy System)Decommissioning, Mortgagor Customization, Manual Underwriting Solution along with Genworth BAU Change requirements
Client: Genworth Financials
Duration: Oct 2011 to Jan 2015 (Onsite), Jan 2015 to Aug 2015 (Offshore)
Location: Sydney, Australia(Onsite) & Kolkata India(Offshore)
Domain: Mortgage Insurance - Underwriting
- Created Company Wide Quality Assurance Strategies and Processes.
- Developed Release Based Test Plans, Test Schedule, Resource Ramp-up and Ramp Down Plans
- Established Automation and Performance Test Team
- Established Automation and Performance Test Practices successfully
- Managed a team of 9 members including Offshore.
- Managed and Synchronized testing resources across multiple projects
- Set up Goal sheet, managed team expectations and reviewed team performance
- Conducted Daily Stand Up Meetings for Defects Triage
- Managed Test Environments
- Participated Actively in Release Management from the perspective of Quality Assurance
- Reviewed Test Coverage as a part of Internal review systems
- Analysis of Existing Regression suite and newly created regression points after each release for Automation
- Managed Testing activities including Defect Management through HPALM.
- Coordinated with Customer Test Manager and IT Team during End to End Test Phase.
- Participated in Functional Spec review sessions
- Created and Presented various Test Metrices to Senior Management Team
- Maintained and Managed Test work products to meet Audit requirements
- UAT and Staging Support.
Oct 2010 - Oct 2011
Test Lead and Coordinator
Tata Consultancy Services
Project: C & I Spectrum
Duration: Nov 2010 to Mar 2011(Offshore), Mar 2011 to Oct 2011 (Onsite)
Location: Kolkata, India (Offshore) & Melbourne, Australia (Onsite)
Domain: Energy and Utilities
The project mainly involves implementation of SAP ISU solution for AGL's Commercial and Industrial Customer.
- Design Test Strategy and Test Plan. Test Estimation, Re-sourcing and Test Scheduling. Managing a team of testers, including On-site and Offshore.
- Creating and Maintaining Test work products including test reports and metrics and presenting the same to the senior management team. Document test procedures to ensure replicability and compliance with standards.
- Reviewing Test scenarios, Test Cases and test data prepared by the testers to ensure that they are prepared as per the standards and with quality
- Test Co-ordination during System and Integration test phase between the test team, both on-site and offshore, external vendors and customers
- Creating Go-No Go pack and presenting the same with the project stake holders after each Cycle/Release
- UAT Support.
- Managed UAT for Business Warehouse Testing. Co-ordinate third party testing.
- Defect Management.
- Monitoring and managing the test phases through extensive usage of HPALM. HPALM Administration.
- Feasibility study for test automation and identifying scope for test automation.
- Implementation of various solution accelerators to enhance overall testing standards and processes.
- Design High Level Test Scenarios, Test Cases and Test Data. Test System modifications to prepare for implementation. Monitor bug resolution efforts and track successes. Create or maintain databases of known test defects. Defect Management. Conduct historical analysis of test results.
Oct 2009 - Oct 2010
QA Lead and SME
Duration: Oct 2009 to Oct 2010(Offshore)
Location: Kolkata, India (Offshore)
Domain: Investment Banking
eBrokerage - Implementation of Online Brokerage Application of Wells Fargo
- Analyzed Functional and Business Requirements including Gap Analysis and defining Solution Scope
- Identified, investigated and analyzed business processes, procedures and work practices
- Created functional specification and business process flow documents
- Managed a Team of 10 Testers at Offshore
- Liaised with business and technical teams to resolve requirement, design and technical issues while assisting in decision making process.
- Liaised with Onsite Business Analyst team and Project Manager to determine the solution approach and to conduct impact analysis.
- Coordinated with business , development, testing and change management teams based at onsite and offshore location
- Provided FRS and Test Coverage walkthrough to the Client
- Provided end-to-end support for quality assurance testing, user acceptance testing and Post implementation testing
- Analyzed system issues and providing business impact of the issues
- Reviewed test plans, test coverage and traceability matrix.
- Test Design, Test Execution and Defect management
- Project Maintenance and Management in terms of deliverable, methodologies, resource utilization and Metrics in Company Specific Project Management Tool.
- Account Level and Project Level Subject Matter Expert from Offshore.
- Provided Training on Application and Domain Related Concepts with Respect to Banking and Financial Services domain.
- Generating High Level Test Scenarios
- Prepared Application User Manual for Business Users and Internal Team
- Prepared and Presented Finance Related White Papers to the Company Forum.
- Created and implemented various Solution accelerators to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the solution
May 2006 - Oct 2009
Projects : CLPS Elixir, Universal Banking, Flexcube Implentation
Clients: Capita Life and Pension, Standard Bank of South Africa, TCB Taiwan, Canara Bank India
Duration: June 2006 to Oct 2009
Location: Cheltenham, UK (Onsite) , Bangalore India (Offshore) & Mumbai, India (Offshore)
Domain: Core Banking, Life and Pension - Insurance
The project involves Core Elixir Product Implementation for Zurich Financial's Life and Pension Business outsourced to Capita Inc.
- Extensively gathered requirements from all users, experts, and key personnel to understand the current functionality of the existing system.
- Performed in-depth Requirement analysis and Gap analysis with different business groups to ensure that the system initiatives are met
- Created artifacts such as use cases , Activity Diagrams and Sequence Diagrams using MS Visio.
- Analyzed and maintained business and system requirements
- Designed requirements traceability matrix to trace/manage business requirements.
- Involved in Configuration Management and Change Control Activities
- Functional Lead for various Core Banking and Finance Modules
- Involved in creating Logical Business days and transactional flowcharts for the test team
- Product Implementation Support for Flexcube in Canara Bank, India.
- Product Training to Business Users
- Presenting prototype or functional module demo to Client Senior Management team
- Analyzing various Financial Statements and Reports and providing feedback to the technical team on the reports
- UAT and Post Implementation Support
- Involved in GL and Chart of Accounts Configuration
- Day Zero Configuration for Bundle Pricing , Service Charge and Financial returns modules
- Participated in Model Bank activities, pre-implementation phase.
- Involved in Test Design, Test Data Preparation, Test Execution and Defect Management.
- Single point of contact for Integration testing
OS - MS Windows 9x/ XP/2000 MS Office Suite 2003/2007/2010 MS Outlook, Mozilla Thunderbird, IBM Lotus Notes SQL, TOAD, Oracle, SQL Developer, DB2, BETA MAINFRAME FileNet ( Enterprise Content Management),Informatica, Putty, Tableau, Waterfall Model ,V-Model and AGILE METHODOLOGY
Feb 2014 - Present
Project Management Certification
Mar 2010 - Present
- Star Performance Award for successful test coordination and management of SAP ISU Implementation Project in AGL as a part of TCS Onsite Delivery Team.
- Pillar of Excellence Award for Leadership and Mentoring in Cognizant.