- Volunteering for bicycle education and safety in the City of Las Cruces (2012-Present).
- Volunteer for the Buffalo Green Code, an effort to create a new zoning code for the City of Buffalo (2011-2012).
- Volunteer at Environmental Management Center, Pune to work on the design of energy efficient Ecohub in public parks in the City of Pune (2007).
- Volunteer and Member at Forum for Exchange and Excellence in Design (FEED), Pune Chapter, India (2004-2009).
Microsoft Office Suit
Adobe Creative Suit
Demonstrated the ability to estimate technology lifecycle of GIS operation and determine system interface and communication requirements.
Created a prioritized list of Spatial Information Products for the management of the City's Fire Department based on their mission statement. You can also listen to presentation on VoiceThread at this link. https://voicethread.com/share/4321917/
Demonstrated the understanding of organizational relationships and security review for Valles Caldera GIS.
Created a prioritized list of Spatial Information Products for the management of Valles Caldera GIS based on their mission statement and management principles.
Performed a benefit-cost analysis for the GIS implementation in Jasper National Park over a seven-year period and determined if the investment in GIS is cost effective in the long run or not.
Design guidelines to propose Niagara Street in Buffalo, NY as a complete street by encouraging pedestrian-friendly environs and other traffic as well as aesthetic improvements for economic revitalization of neighborhoods in the environs. Facilitated public meetings with the residents, public officials and neighborhoods alliances presenting the proposal.
A research tracing the development of a contemporary Indian city from a hamlet to a metropolis and analyzing the changing urban fabric of the core city to propose development guidelines using land amalgamation to maintain the identity of an economically vibrant mixed use community in the wake of globalization.
Studied the viability of Urban Farming in Buffalo, NY as a tool for community and economic development for inner city neighborhoods using GIS. Identified groups of vacant parcels suitable for possible urban farms near public schools.
I have been trained as an Architect and Urban Planner/designer with strong sense of design, people and environment. My primary interest lies in Active Transportation Planning, Urban Sustainability and Place-making. I have been involved in policy making, design and community outreach efforts in the field of Bike/Ped Planning and Complete Streets. My interests are not limited to my profession life but I strongly believe in healthy living and active lifestyle! When I am not working, I love to spend my time reading, practicing yoga and cycling.
- Member of American Planning Association.
- Recipient of Road Design Award ‘07 Analysis and redesign of Laxmi Road, Pune, a traditional bazaar street for the comfort of pedestrians and vehicular users in contemporary era accommodating street vendors and cultural events.
- Special Mention, G Sen Trophy, NASA ‘06 Analysis and redevelopment proposal for dilapidated urban precinct of Shivajinagar Railway Station, Bus Terminus and Environs, Pune, India with the aim of resolving traffic conflict and encourage transit oriented development.
- Special Mention, Annual NASA Design Competition, NASA ‘06 Designing Disaster Mitigation Centre for Tsunami Affected Zone, Port Blair, India.
- Recipient of Louis I. Kahn Trophy, NASA ’05 Analysis and documentation of Kasba Peth, Pune, India as the original settlement of the city, pulsating through different eras with its unique culture and architecture focusing on traditional occupational communities such as fishermen, earthen pot makers and copper utensil manufactures.
- Developing and validating GIS variables to quantify five visual elements of urban design – imageability, human scale, enclosure, transparency and complexity to examine walkability of street segments.
- Examined the relationship between urban design and walkability by demonstrating this toolkit for seven study areas across the City of Buffalo.
Jul 2012 - Present
Associate Transportation Planner
- Developing “Safe Routes to School” program to create active transportation alternatives around public schools in the Mesilla Valley region complete with curb extensions, shared bicycle lanes, pick up and drop off facilities for buses and cars along with revising traffic flow within the school vicinity.
- Serve as the project leader coordinating between various regional government organizations, community groups, and state and Federal agencies to provide technical assistance for program development improving walking and biking.
Jan 2011 - Jun 2012
Complete Streets Intern
- GIS data collection, cartography and created extensive geodatabase for bike lanes, bike racks and road striping in the City of Buffalo. Developed streetscape design alternatives for commercial corridor projects development using Complete Streets principles.
- Technical research and grant writing for implementation of City of Buffalo’s Complete Street Policy.
- Supervised Active Living Assessment of distressed neighborhoods in Buffalo for Healthy Kids Healthy Communities initiative to strengthen access to healthy food and open spaces.
May 2010 - Aug 2010
Abhay Anil Pawar & Associates
- Real estate investment analysis and developing urban design guidelines for eleven urban development sites in Solapur, India for MSRDC (Maharashtra State Road Development Corporation).
- Preparation of master plan for residential community with an area of 200 acres in Pirangute, India.
Jun 2008 - Dec 2008
- Developed concept sketches, design details, working drawings, 3D views for residential, institutional, commercial and interior design projects.
- Addressed campus planning, construction detailing and project management issues including site supervision.
- Participated in III Living Steel International Architectural Competition for Sustainable Housing ‘08.