Sep 2009 - Present
- Lecturer in the School of Business and Economics and Applied Business Technology.
- Develop course material and lecture hundreds of students a year.
- Published academic paper in the 2010 ASAC Journal under Management Science.
- Helped coach the MBA team to the semi-finals of the John Molson MBA International Case Competition in Montreal beating teams Queen’s University, HEC Montréal, and international schools. This was recognized in BC Business Magazine.
- Specialize in Data Analysis, Data Mining, and Simulation & Modeling.
- Gather financial data then create models to simulate the probable outcome.
Feb 2006 - May 2008
I.T. Customer Service Analyst
- Implemented Information Technology projects that spanned over nine countries.
- Member of the Global Infrastructure Team.
- On the project team for a $2 million project to implement a global document management system that involved determining project, change management, and risk/audit requirements.
- Open Text Livelink Systems Administrator.
- Managed data user access, data integrity, and data backups, and confidential information.
- Researched products and services then presented my recommendation to management.
Jul 2003 - Feb 2006
- Developed a Piping Specification program with the Senior Mechanical Engineer for the Methanol Plant and Ammonia Plant. The Piping Specification program uses SQL Server 2000 for data storage and ASP/VBScript for the front end.
- Managed and maintained the local Intranet, Document Management System, Instrument Data Sheet and Lab Application systems.
- Managed and maintained IT servers, databases, computer networks, and data security.
Sep 2008 - Jul 2009
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Advanced Finance
- Advanced Marketing Management
- Operations Management
- Business Research and Consulting
- Global Management
- International Business
- Financial Reporting and Analysis
- John Molson MBA International Case Competition in Montreal
- Participant in the BSG-Online Simulation with over forty thousand MBA competitors. Finished with the world’s second highest score. A simulation of running your own global business.
Sep 1997 - Dec 2002
Bachelor of Science
- Computer Programming
- Computer Systems
- Data Structures
- Software Engineering
- Computer Networks
- Algorithm Design & Analysis
- Programming Languages
- Operating Systems
- Applied Artificial Intelligence
- Web Design and Programming
- Modeling and Simulation
- Advance Database Systems
- Object Oriented Design & Programming
- Distributed Database Systems & Distributed Data on the Web
- Management and Maintenance of Microsoft Server Environment
- Cisco Networking Technologies
- Enrolled in the Charted Financial Analyst Designation (CFA)
- Personally invest in stock, mutual fund, ETF, forex, and real estate markets
- Technical and analytical skills with business, social, and communication skills
- Experience in oil and gas industry
Confined Space Entry and Rescue Level 2 Certification
Hazardous Material Emergency Response Operational Level Certification
Kitimat Valley Institute
TESL/TESOL Teaching Certification
Kepner Tregoe Problem Solving Certification
Canadian Securities Course (CSC)
CSI Global Education Inc.