An IIM Indore graduate, Management consultant, Digital Strategist and a transformation Coach with 17 years of extensive experience in Business Strategy and Program Management across technology start-up to Global Enterprises. Exceptionally versatile and quick learner, a coach and renowned relationship manager. Great experience of managing and working with multicultural teams. Adept at negotiating matrix organizations and delivering results consistently.
As Director of Strategy at Softlink Information Systems, Deepak has created a consulting practice which advises companies in adopting digital transformation initiatives. Deepak works across the organisation space, from CEO to the developer in advising and helping them in digitally transforming the organisation. He works with CEO in helping them creating sustainable business strategy and creating a culture of innovation. Works with the technology teams in creating a culture based on AGILE MINDSET for delivering value to the customer that surely delights!
Earlier, as Strategic Program Manager at Hewlett Packard ,Deepak created, managed and ran strategic programs crucial to HP India strategic business priorities which had very high visibility and business impacts. Deepak created from scratch a 32 Million USD worth business transformational program for banks by working with banking ISV firms globally. Apart from this Deepak worked with HP Sales and end customers in creating opportunities by using the consulting approach that he learned while creating the business program.
Deepak’s prior experience include working for Hewitt Associates in Lincolnshire and Gurgaon leading a team of business analyst’s in creating a single tool for reporting Hewitt Annual Survey’s worldwide. Deepak also worked with Indian arm of Pricer Inc of Sweden where he established the pre sales department and created a team of pre sales specialist and business analysts. Prior, Deepak worked with a UK based e learning firm product managing the e learning product for over a two year period. Deepak was deeply involved in creating a go to market strategy for this product in UK.
Nov 2008Oct 2014
- Program managed 3 joint product development as Product Owner and multiple marketing programs with partners and customers globally and ensured their success.
Nov 2006Oct 2007
Senior Business Analyst
- Led a team of Business Analyst’s in the Talent & Organization Consulting group to automate Hewitt’s world renowned reporting capabilities. This was part of the new initiative of automating the complete workflow of Hewitt’s surveys worldwide. Mapped and translated the vision of the product into an artifact by collaborating with stakeholders, business leaders and users of Hewitt spread across the globe. Transitioned the business analysis work to India and scaled up the team to 4 people.
Mar 2006Nov 2006
- Established the pre sales department and laid out processes for effective proposal turn around. Reduced time of turn around by over 55 %.Worked with top management to devise Appulse’s service delivery model for product engineering and go to market strategy in the world market.
Dec 2003Mar 2006
- Product managed juniors.net, the flagship product targeting the UK market for over 2 years. Oversaw 3 major releases and host of other applications supporting the product including a home grown CRM tool for managing the business.
- Worked with CEO to devise framework for establishing the go to market strategy and creating a new business unit.
Aug 2001Nov 2003
- Cofounded this Intellectual Property consulting firm and established the patent consulting division for guiding the technology companies in creating wealth through Intellectual capital.
- Mentored a team of patent consultants and guided multiple patent applications for product technology companies.
Jul 1995Jul 2001
- As freelance business consultant, Noida. Oct 99-July 01
- I took a sabbatical and was a candidate for the Indian Civil Services Examination. July 96-April 99
- ABB Asea Brown Boveri Limited as Management Trainee July 95-June 96
Aug 2007Mar 2009
Indian Institute of Management Indore
- C.G.P.I 3.17/4.33
- Co founded IIM Indore Management Canvas a b school magazine with a difference. The magazine has now an online avatar and can be reached on the following link: http://www.managementcanvas.iimindore.in/icanvas/index.php
- Member of placement cell, coordinator for multiple student committees.
Sep 1991Jul 1995
Electronics & Communication Engineering
Jamia Millia Islamia, Faculty of Engineering
- C.G.P.I 8.42/10
- Vice President of IEEE student chapter.( 1994-1995)